5. DJ Stewart (L) LF
6. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
7. Rio Ruiz (L) 2B
8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
9. Chance Sisco (L) C

Gametime Temp: 65°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

Bill-806

I guess I will nevaa get a feel for this ROSTER and all the new names ......  A nice 4 game run to get us at 4-3 !!! It is FUN to win, win, win !!!!!! thumb_u rofl rofl

longgame

The other day on the You Tube game they were showing highlights from the 2008 ALCS.  One I saw had Youk, Pedroia, Tek and Papi.  I'd say those last 3 are arguable 3 of the most popular players ever on the Sox.  The entire team was so well liked at that time, so it's odd that I don't recognize most of the guys when they come to bat.

Sea Dog 23

Pitching Richards is almost frightening to me, with the constant process of his "moving parts".  Yanks have their yips with Kluber getting stung by the Rays for 5 runs yesterday.

longgame

Lets hope Richards redeems himself this time out.

I really don't like the musical chairs outfield.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 10, 2021, 03:13:50 PM
Lets hope Richards redeems himself this time out.

I really don't like the musical chairs outfield.

I hope that sooner rather than later Cora barfcans that musical chairs outfield and sets up a steady fly chase trio.   I see Gonzales and Arroyo as utility men but perhaps Alex is trying to find the right combination for a set lineup.  Constant shifting around with his players usually does not end up well as the season progresses.  Players have to know their roles and where they stand, something Cora should know by now.

markj

SeaBeachFred

After the first three forgettable games this has been a pleasant change.  Nice if we could finish off the Orioles tomorrow to give them what they gave us last week.  Still it seems to me a lot better than we felt a week ago, but I still can't get a real take on our team.  Hopefully this is not the last day we we will be in first place this season, but it does feel nice.  Even better Andriese finished it off for us in the tenth and up until now he has been a disaster for us and his other teams the past couple of years.

Sea Dog 23

One side note on Andriese, I think he was the first signing for Bloom this off-season.  He saw something he wanted.  In fact  going back to last year, Bloom has gone after pitching with Pivetta,  Seabold, Whitlock.  Those moves have really fortified our staff from what was a sinking ship last year.

Bill-806

PINCH ME, pinch me, pinch me !!! Another SOX win !!!!!!!  5 & 3 ........  On a concerning note, did they announce that J D Martiniez is on the COVID TRAIN ??????  iono iono iono iono

Murph

Decent start to 21 but still waiting to see what happens when playing better teams.Franchy looking good.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 11, 2021, 07:26:21 AM
PINCH ME, pinch me, pinch me !!! Another SOX win !!!!!!!  5 & 3 ........  On a concerning note, did they announce that J D Martiniez is on the COVID TRAIN ??????  iono iono iono iono

Bill, you piqued my interest. I found this ..

BALTIMORE (AP) â€" Boston Red Sox outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez has cold symptoms and was placed on the COVID-19 injured list Saturday.

Martinez underwent coronavirus testing and the team is awaiting the results.

Going on the COVID-19 IL does not require a positive test. If he tests negative twice, Martinez can return to the lineup for the series finale Sunday at Baltimore.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 11, 2021, 08:49:54 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 11, 2021, 07:26:21 AM

Bill, you piqued my interest. I found this ..

BALTIMORE (AP) â€" Boston Red Sox outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez has cold symptoms and was placed on the COVID-19 injured list Saturday. Thanks for the follow up ......  WOW, fingers crossed for the two negatives ?? SCARY stuff, still !!!! iono iono

Martinez underwent coronavirus testing and the team is awaiting the results.

Going on the COVID-19 IL does not require a positive test. If he tests negative twice, Martinez can return to the lineup for the series finale Sunday at Baltimore.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 11, 2021, 04:43:42 AM
One side note on Andriese, I think he was the first signing for Bloom this off-season.  He saw something he wanted.  In fact  going back to last year, Bloom has gone after pitching with Pivetta,  Seabold, Whitlock.  Those moves have really fortified our staff from what was a sinking ship last year.

Seemingly somewhat better Sea Dog and that's good for us but we still have stiffs like Brice, Brewer and even Valzez still on board and I just forgot for the moment two or three others who were pretty bad last year as well.  I like Whitlock a lot and Pivetta has been a pleasant surprise as a starter.  We get a big test starting tomorrow in Minnesota.  The Twins are NOT playing against the Yankees so they will be a tough sell for us since they have been playing well against most other teams, and they do have a strong hitting attack.  I'd like to see us hold our own on the rest of this trip.