5. Brandon Lowe (L) LF
6. Willy Adames (R) SS
7. Francisco Mejia (S) DH
8. Kevin Padlo (R) 3B
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 52°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Bill-806

Got to keep going , "as DAD would say, SON, the games you win in APRIL, you don't have to win in SEPTEMBER" !!!!! thumb_u iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Ray's get to Perez in the 3rd on a single for two runs.  Sox got one run in the 1st on a wild pitch, but Glasnow is now in a groove.  2-1 in the 4th.

BoSoxFanNY

SOX come back and win the game 6 - 5 in 12 innings.
JD Martinez hits a 2 run double to win the game.
LONG game.

Trying to decide if I like this new rule of starting extra innings
with a batter on second base.

Schloicka

I think overall the Sox pitching has been pretty good except for the one blow out game. The starters are at least keeping the team in the hunt each game so far. Just need the offense to get it going on a more consistent basis.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on April 07, 2021, 07:13:02 AM
I think overall the Sox pitching has been pretty good except for the one blow out game. The starters are at least keeping the team in the hunt each game so far. Just need the offense to get it going on a more consistent basis.

Agreed George, need the offense to get hits in the same inning.

Bosoxfan, I'm still trying to decide too.  I think I'd like a gradual approach - two innings straight up, then two innings with a man on first then maybe after that go to the man on second.  I just don't like the idea that you've had a close game all night and not a lot of runs and the teams combine for 3 in the last inning.  The Sox still would have won that game as they were the first team to get an actual batter in.

Bill-806

How about OUR RED SOX ???? Looks like they  may go " ALL THE WAY" now !!!!!  GO SOX, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

This was NOT the type of game that the Red Sox won last year so I was elated that we matched the Rays run for run and then doubled them in the 12th.  Still a very long way to go but we have won this series against the defending AL Champions and it would be even better to sweep this series and make up somewhat for that debacle we had last weekend against the Orioles.  As far as starting a runner on second base to start an extra inning game, let's just say my jury is out on that right now.

Sea Dog 23

I'm a little flummoxed by the top of the batting order.  Kike` has gotten off to a rough start after a good spring.  Verdugo is spotty.  Arroyo got lead off last night with a double to start, then nothing.  But we are getting some offense from 7-9 if #1/#2 is a black hole for a week or so.