7. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
9. Pedro Severino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 36°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

longgame

markj

Sea Dog 23

Now 37 and blowing 10 mph in the 2nd.  Yikes.

Scoreless in the 6th.  I recall Means has been a mystery for the Sox over a few years.

elktonnick

The Red Sox defense certainly remains highly suspect.  While they have only been charged with one error through 6, Bogaerts, and Devers should have been charged with errors besides Hernandez.  If the pitching doesn't let them down their defense seems to.

Murph

markj

Nothing like starting the season with a 2-hit shutout loss.  sigh

Sea Dog 23

I think we had 8 Ks.  Dalbec with 2 of those, will have to get better.  Only got 2 walks, so not a lot of base runners to show for it.

Murph

elktonnick

The lack of defense is the biggest take away from today's game.  The hitting will come around.  The defense is another story.  Throughout spring training I never saw this team make what I would call anything but a routine defensive play.   

SeaBeachFred

John Mears pitched a great game.  Let's first settle that once and for all. HOWEVER, OUR DEFENSE WAS VERY SUSPECT, OUR RELIEF PITCHING WAS TYPICALLY 2020 SHITTY AND WE DIDN'T HIT WORTH A DAMN.  And why start the season in Boston where it is always windy, cold and blustery?  It is only one game but I expect a turnaround tomorrow and Sunday too, otherwise we may be looking at the makings of a debacle.  We had a good ST effort so this game could just have been an outlier but we will see it that is so tomorrow.  Personally, though, I am pretty calm right now considering we missed a chance to go into first place.