5. Chance Sisco (L) DH
6. Pat Valaika (R) 2B
7. Ryan Mountcastle (R) LF
8. Rio Ruiz (L) 3B
9. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Godley is God-awful.  The O's announcers were amazed at his inability to demonstrate any command whatsoever.  Then the guy they put into relieve him, who like many relievers has a high-teens ERA, let them in.

Sea Dog 23

Bizarre line for Godley, 2-3-5-3 hits, runs, walks, Ks in 3 innings. On the other hand the Sox have one hit in 5 innings.

You have to admire the depth of Rays, first place or near first, after injuries to 11 pitchers.

SeaBeachFred

I've said this also time and again.  Bring up the young pitching prospects from the training camp and let them get their feel wet. That is preferable to me instead of seeing UnGodley, Osich, Walden and the resto f that pack of shitheads ruin the rest of the season for us with their miserable array of pitching.  My God, can't we do better than these guys?

Schloicka

Poor base running by JD. Didn't go to 2nd on the steal of 3rd. Would of scored on the hit but ended up on 3rd on the hit and was out at home on a play he shouldn't of been running on. Could of had another run if he goes to 2nd on the steal of 3rd.

Bill-806

TRADE THEM ALL !!!!  MLB is a disgrace and they should DRAIN the SWAMP !!!!  NOW GRASSHOPPER !! sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Another thing is that Roenicke of course sat Moreland while the starter went two batters.  He was stuck with Chavis the rest of the game.  Chavis can't hit.  Moreland is one of the top 2 hitters on the team with Verdugo.  Those two guys need to be in the lineup every day, especially in a year where the opposite-hand pitchers aren't getting any better results than same hand.  (i.e. righties are pitching to about the same results to lefties and righties and vice versa.) 

It's bad enough this team stinks, but let's at least play the good guys.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 24, 2020, 07:56:29 AM
Another thing is that Roenicke of course sat Moreland while the starter went two batters.  He was stuck with Chavis the rest of the game.  Chavis can't hit.  Moreland is one of the top 2 hitters on the team with Verdugo.  Those two guys need to be in the lineup every day, especially in a year where the opposite-hand pitchers aren't getting any better results than same hand.  (i.e. righties are pitching to about the same results to lefties and righties and vice versa.) 

It's bad enough this team stinks, but let's at least play the good guys.

Ted, I'd expect to see guys like Morelamd, Bradley, Vaz sitting, but not now, it's too early.  Playing Chavis, Dalbek, Duran makes some sense in Sept.  Maybe Moorland sitting is word from Bloom to RR.  Maybe they're auditioning some players for trade.  Whatever, it's a stinking mess.