5. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
6. Alec Bohm (R) 3B
7. Jay Bruce (L) DH
8. Scott Kingery (R) 2B
9. Roman Quinn (S) CF

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Looks like a nice night for baseball in Boston.  Too bad the Sox likely won't show up again.  Then again, it ought to be exciting to see this Phillies lineup tee it up against the Sox. 

longgame

Aw, the Sox just announced they've given up on the idea of potentially having fans at Fenway this year.

Not mentioned was that they tried to give tickets away and nobody would take them!   sigh

Sea Dog 23

Not much to say about the Sox.  But the Bruins took a 3-1 lead in the Canes series last night.  There is some chutzpah to be found in Boston.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP!
The Sox WERE winning 4 - 2.
AND then the relievers imploded in the 6th inning -
Phillies just scored 6 runs
Phillies 8 - Sox 4

DANG IT!
And most runs with 2 outs . . .

BoSoxFanNY

Make that 9 - 4
STILL in the 6th inning and the Phillies
have sent 10 men to the plate . . .

12 Phillies came to the plate.
CRAP!

WTF!?

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Sox go weakly in the bottom of the 6th inning.

Phillies 9 - Sox 4

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 18, 2020, 09:27:09 PM
10 - 4.

WE NEED PITCHERS!

We need an owner who will leave his yacht and take the rap for this ridiculous chain of events.  He stripped our team by refusing to spend money and now we will have our fourth last place finish since he  became owner.  He needs to led Bloom  really run this rebuilding job we are now in without any damn interference on hispart or any shortcut thinking another 2013 miracle is sgoing to happen in 2021.  It will not. We don't have a Lester or Lackey in the rotation or a Koji as closer.  We have shit in the bullpen, a manager who is way over his head  Look at tonight.  Godley finally is doing a solid job for four innings and he then takes him out of the game?????  How @#$%&?' stupid was that.  Then he allowed the bulpen to show its tru colors as an arson squad. Let's be honest withourselves.  THE REDSOX HAVE BECOME A TOTAL SHIPWRECK AND PRUNE FACE HAD BETTER GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS. 

BoSoxFanNY

Final Score -
Phillies 13 - Sox 6.

The Sox teased us fans by scoring 3 runs in the first three innings . . . I thought
maybe, just maybe they would win a game.  Glad to be back in Fenway.

NOPE
Why did they take out Godfrey?  He only pitched 4 innings,1 ER - WTF?
THEN the bullpen imploded  .  .  .

I don't know why I keep following them . . .

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 18, 2020, 11:04:29 PM
Final Score -
Phillies 13 - Sox 6.

The Sox teased us fans by scoring 3 runs in the first three innings . . . I thought
maybe, just maybe they would win a game.  Glad to be back in Fenway.

NOPE
Why did they take out Godfrey?  He only pitched 4 innings,1 ER - WTF?
THEN the bullpen imploded  .  .  .

I don't know why I keep following them . . .

My son had a good one the other day.  "The governor during this pandemic closed the churches but kept the liquor stores open.  He must be a Sox fan and was getting ready for a real down year!"

longgame

At least it was an enjoyable game for a few innings.

Alex Speier was on fire on Twitter:

The Red Sox have now allowed 8+ runs nine times (NINE times) this year, most in the majors.

The Phillies had two outs and a runner on first ... then had 8 straight runners reach base against Red Sox relievers, and matched a season-high by scoring seven runs in an inning.

This one is amazing:  In order for the Red Sox to avoid the worst ERA in franchise history, they'd have to have roughly a 4.20 ERA over the remainder of the season.

The Red Sox have allowed 86 runs over their last 9 games -- the most they've given up over any 9-game stretch in their 120-season history.

The Red Sox drop to 6-18, tied with the 1996 team for the second-worst start in franchise history through 24 games. This level of losing has been surpassed only by the 4-20 mark in 1932 by what became the worst team in franchise history (43-111).

Why is this guy in the lineup but Moreland platoons?:  Michael Chavis went 0-for-5 with 5 strikeouts. He's the fourth Red Sox ever with 5 strikeouts in a 9-inning game, joining David Ross (2013), Phil Plantier (1991), and Ray Jarvis (1969).

longgame

I saved this one for it's own post.  We know they suck, but the manager is useless and this (among other statements) proves it:

Roenicke: 'I don't know how you shake things up. ... We still like our club.'

Is he doesn't know he's in the wrong freaking job!

I decided last night I'm watching the Jerry and Denny show the rest of the year, not the Red Sox.  If they could get rid of O'Brien and just let those two talk throughout the game I'd be fine with it.  Bring in a different guy each night - Wake, Rice, Lyons, other guests like Big Papi and they can crap on how bad the Red Sox are.  The baseball is simply unwatchable but those guys are always entertaining.