Red Sox

Colten Brewer (R)

Lineup Pending

Yankees

Gerrit Cole (R)

Lineup Pending

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

George,how about using your influence and good vibes to get a win tonight?  We need some kind of karma.  Give it a shot.  Nothing I do seems to be working.

Schloicka

I kind of like the Arauz kid. Swings a decent bat most times up. Seems to have some potential. We shall see.

elktonnick

Jerry and Eck once again ripping the the Red Sox for another stupid mistake.  The team makes so many stupid mistakes.  Roenicke simply isn't a doing his job. Eck and Jerry are indirectly calling our the manager for his failure to hold these guys accountable for their sloppy play. 

markj

Sox have given up 52 runs in the last 5 games. These are not MLB level pitchers. Ridiculous.

SeaBeachFred

Let's see.  There was brewer giving up four hits and two runs in only two and two thirds of an inning.  There was Brasier who in one inning got bombed for three runs and three hits.  There was one again Dylan Covey getting torched for four runs and three hits in two innings. Didn't we send him down to Florida because he wasn't worth shit on the mound.  Why the hell was he brought back.  And why was Weber brought back to get his ass reamed.  Or this Hart guy who got torched for eight runs yesterday.  Or Osish,  o r Brice. Or Walden.  Bring the kids up and give them a chance. These guys cannot do the job and are getting the shit beat out OF them.  And why can't our pitching coach be able to at least mitigate their ineffectiveness with some tutoring unless these shit kickers are beyond help.

THANKS HENRY FOR GUTTING OUR TEAM-----YOU R OTTEN SON OF A BIT CH!!!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

As awful as the pitching is, I took a look at who we put out there in NY this weekend.  Our ace goes today (good move by RR, he was not gonna beat Cole), "Mr indecided" tomorrow, and Perez on Monday.

I'll agree with Fred about Roenicke and his management.  The players don't give a flip about playing if they are in a tough, all hands on deck game.

Save for 2-3 pitchers, the rest are not MLB ready. never will be.  Bloom's fault. But Bloom needs to send a manifesto to Roenicke to save his own face.  The players who are not pitchers are pros, they know if they don't score 8 runs, there is no chance of winning.  A message needs sending, beginning with the pitching coach sent packing this weekend, others gone by Sept.  A team named Boston is playing like Pittsburgh.  That is unacceptable

elktonnick

The pitching is so awful that over half of the pitchers on the roster are not major league calibre.  But as bad as the pitching is , and it truly is atrocious, that isn't the worst of this teams pronlems.  The team is not playing major.league defense and is making stupid mistakes after stupid mistake.  Roanoke seems totally incapable of having this club do anything right at any phase of the game.
Whatever Bloom needs to do to right this ship, it is clear that Roenicke should play no role in its future.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on August 14, 2020, 07:03:30 PM
I kind of like the Arauz kid. Swings a decent bat most times up. Seems to have some potential. We shall see.
Needs a HAIRCUT, look like a ballplayer, please !!! iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

Lets start to look at the TRADE deadline .....  This club needs to be aggressive ......  Move DEVERS, BENNIE, J D , no one is off the table !!!!!  What say you, all "USE WANT TO BE MANAGERS" ?????? iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Either Chaim Bloom is biding his time or he is under wraps from th prune not to do anything at the moment.  There is a lot of garbage on our team and even the talented players are stinking up the joint badly.  Time to do what Leo Durocher once said---BACK UP THE TRUCK and get rid of the refuse-----and I don't think anyone should be immune to this much needed house cleaning save for Verdugo, Downs and perhaps that other  guy we got from the Dodgers.  Shit, Devers has EIGHT  frickin' errors so far and is hitting a buck seventy, Bogaerts has some decent numbers but shows and gives no leadership on the field whatsoever, Benintendi is a basket case right now and no matter what anyone says Peraza is not a winning ballplayer---and a sloppy fielder to boot.  I like Pillar and he is doing the job but as is Moreland but we have a lot of guys who are just along for this bumpy ride.  Also where the hell is Priune Face while this shipwreck is going on?

Sorry to drone on and on my friends but this has really debilitated me.  Next Wednesday will be 20 years since I became part of Red Sox Nation as a rabid convert.  I don't regret it one bit but like the rest of you I'm pretty well torched by what's been going on this truncated season.  Perhaps Nathan can pitch a gem and we can put enough runs on the board tonight to finally win one.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on August 14, 2020, 08:15:18 PM
Jerry and Eck once again ripping the the Red Sox for another stupid mistake.  The team makes so many stupid mistakes.  Roenicke simply isn't a doing his job. Eck and Jerry are indirectly calling our the manager for his failure to hold these guys accountable for their sloppy play.

They are right. Never seen such crap.  Bobby Valentine is saying “Remember me?”