GAME #19 - THURSDAY, AUGUST 13, 2020 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 13, 2020, 11:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 13, 2020, 05:07:23 PM
Fear not, Kennedy said nobody is safe at the trade deadline.  I don't know the outcome, some folks thinking Tigers, with their deep pitching in their system, would trade a couple of those arms for bats.

Right Sea Dog, but we had better be sure not lto trade the wrong guys and keep the ones who just don't know how to lead or even win.  As for Kennedy saying that, it is not his position to do that.  It is Chaim Bloom's.  He is a baseball ops man, Kennedy is a Larry Lucchino wannabee with more class and a better personality.  A case in point----Devers now as EIGHT errors already; we should start thinking of him as a DH in the future because his defense is geting worse and not better.  That is why I want to see Bob Dalbec transferred from Florida and BP to Boston so he can get his feet wet and we can see what he can do.  He certainly can feld better than Devers, and let's see if Raffyc an adjust to possibly being a DH because we all know that JDM wants out of Boston from what he has been saying and not saying.  As for Workman, why hasn't Roenicke let him pitch an inning or two in the TB series so he can stay sharp?  What if by some miracle we get a two run lead goi ng into the 9th inning tonight and we have to depend on a guy who hasn't pitched since Sunday and most likely not be sharp?  Roenicke may not have a lot to work with but he has made things worse by some of his very stupid moves.  He lets Peraza pitch last night, he gets hit in the knee and maybe out for awhile.  Tie a tin can to his ass and fire him before he does any more damage.

Sea Dog 23

As far as Devers, one writer thinks Cora was his soul mate last year.  "This year without him, he's lost."  El Perdido.

Murph

I don't  buy that at allh .But if that is true  trade his fat butt out of fenway.

longgame

I was away camping and had no cell coverage but at one time I was able to tune in this game.  It was 15-6 in the 7th inning, Pillar had been called HBP but the announcers agreed he probably wasn’t.  Tampa Bay challenged the call.  With a 9 run lead in the 7th.