Red Sox

Martin Perez (L)

Lineup Pending

Rays

Andrew Kittredge (R)

Lineup Pending

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Hey mark, how about using your influence as chairman of this prestigious Red Sox board and see if you can get Roenicke to grow a brain and get the players a shot of energy to tie the series tonight.  Last night was a real pisser, long enough to grow a beard, disheartening enough to give you a bad dream.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for a much better Tuesday evening.

Murph

Looking to the bright side we are going to get a top 3-4 draft pick.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Murph on August 11, 2020, 05:19:03 PM

And if the season survives two more weeks, we get relief from some of that $192 mil albatross.

longgame

It seems like every night there's at least one guy they run out there that I've never even heard of before. 

The Rays own them.

longgame

The good news is I'm going camping for a few days and won't have to be subjected to this for a couple of days!   ;D

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 11, 2020, 06:11:08 PM
Quote from: Murph on August 11, 2020, 05:19:03 PM

And if the season survives two more weeks, we get relief from some of that $192 mil albatross.

And maybe we get an extra 11 million if we finally say adios to Jackie Bradley, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to send Barnes on his way along with him.  Tonight is another bad scene and once again Rummy Roenicke sends his pet Brice out there again.....result, five runs, four hits in one third of an inning.  How much of this guy can Red Sox fans take?  Bring up the kid pitchers and let them get some experience in this lost season.

markj

elktonnick

Last night's game was one of the worst played games by a Red Sox team in years.   While Perez pitched well, Brice didn't.  It seemed that  Red Sox hit into a double play literally in every situation that they had someone on base.  Batters are all rolling over on the ball.  They aren't playing smart baseball.  They are making too many mental errors.  I was willing to give RR a chance but he is proving that he isn't up to the job of managing this team.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on August 12, 2020, 07:57:09 AM
Last night's game was one of the worst played games by a Red Sox team in years.   While Perez pitched well, Brice didn't.  It seemed that  Red Sox hit into a double play literally in every situation that they had someone on base.  Batters are all rolling over on the ball.  They aren't playing smart baseball.  They are making too many mental errors.  I was willing to give RR a chance but he is proving that he isn't up to the job of managing this team.
"LIKE SAND THRU THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR RED SOX" !!!!  Another LOSS in an empty season !!  To make matters worse, that gosh darn HOCKEY game from Tampa preempted my station & the game !!!  Not a good night, TRADE THEM ALL, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

What can I add to this mess?  Nothing, and with that bum pitching tonight, it looks like another miserable evening.  I wish it wasn't so but Weber simply is pathetic, a Brice type all the way.