4. Ji-Man Choi (S) 1B
5. Joey Wendle (L) SS
6. Yoshi Tsutsugo (L) 3B
7. Manuel Margot (R) RF
8. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Michael Perez (L) C

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

I thought Martin Perez was supposed to pitch today.  Brasier?  Maybe this is one of those one or two inning jobs.  Besides Markj, Brasier hasn't exactly been a ball of fire out of the bullpen either.  Maybe a change of pace misht help him.  This is going to be a tough week with Tampa Bay and New York getting in our way.  We really need a decent week to have a chance of maybe finishing in third place in the division.

markj

For the longest time today it just said TBD for the Sox pitcher. Maybe they drew straws?

longgame

Brasier lost a bet and had to start!

Plawecki has been one of the few positives in this team. 

markj

Sea Dog 23

Yep, big night for Plawecki, and to think we got him even up for the light hitting Sandy Leon we sent to Cleveland.  Also good night for Arauz.  That kid is a great athlete and I think will be a part of the 21 Sox.  There is an old saying 'hope springs eternal'.  Hope and springs should never be used in the same sentence when we go to the bullpen.  Our Springs is a disaster.

elktonnick

Last night's game was a travesty on so many levels.  It illustrated what is so broken in today's game and with today's Boston Red Sox.  4 and half hours to play a regular season game is inexcusable.  Too many mound visits and this opener nonsense makes for tedious baseball.

longgame

LOL at Hope springs eternal.  I'd agree, although it seemed like he pitched for an eternity.

That game was ridiculous, compounded by NESN's dumb decision to move game time out a half hour.  Bad enough these games go on forever, but it would be nice for them to be done before bedtime.

Some signs of life from the offense at least.  The pitching continues to suck horribly. 

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on August 11, 2020, 06:51:28 AM
Last night's game was a travesty on so many levels.  It illustrated what is so broken in today's game and with today's Boston Red Sox.  4 and half hours to play a regular season game is inexcusable.  Too many mound visits and this opener nonsense makes for tedious baseball.
Not to mention the lineup reflects a 162 game season ?????  no need to rest players like they do, or at least if they don't start bring,  them in in the 6th or 7th ????  Mitch Moreland ???  on the bench all night ??????   VAZ could have come in late too !!!!  DUMB BASEBALL !!!!!  As my MOM would say, SON, you could manage this team !!!! sigh sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 11, 2020, 05:29:06 AM
Yep, big night for Plawecki, and to think we got him even up for the light hitting Sandy Leon we sent to Cleveland.  Also good night for Arauz.  That kid is a great athlete and I think will be a part of the 21 Sox.  There is an old saying 'hope springs eternal'.  Hope and springs should never be used in the same sentence when we go to the bullpen.  Our Springs is a disaster.

Well we seem to have gotten the best of this minor trade Sea Dog. Plawecki seems like he can contribute as the second catcher while Leon had become a total non-entity with us----and apparently in Cleveland now as well.  As for Springs, som eone please check Roenicke for his vital signs.  Springs' ERA is 15.50 or thereabouts and yet we see hm in game after game.  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a fact that he has had only ONE decent one or two inning stint this season while the rest of them have been unmitivated disaters?  Please punch his ticket out of town.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 11, 2020, 06:51:28 AM

It would have been better Elk if we could have gotten the game over in three hours to spare us the misery that most of us knew was gong to happen.  I've been told by many here and on the other board I post on that Roenicke is the CARETAKER manager for this rotten season but so far he hasn't taken care of anything. His constant use of Springs defies logic what with his 15.50 ERA, and his constant lineup changes makes me wonder if he is all there.  In fairness to him he doesn't have all that much to work with but he should be getting better results than he has.  Well maybe if we eat our vegetables we could get a win tonight.  Except for mine and Linda's 50th Wedding Anniversary there isn't much I'm going to remember about 2020, and neither w ill most Red Sox fans except those who are gluttons for punishment.