6. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (R) DH
7. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
8. Rowdy Tellez (L) 1B
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Sea Dog 23

Results are low on the totem pole.  The Angels and M's are down there with us.  There's not much to salvage for a fan in these games.  But I take a daily look at how Bloom is configuring the pitching.  He's peobably constrained from budgeting ANY cash by Henry.

The Sox pitched the 8th and 9th with Walden and Springs (13.50 era).

Bill-806

Why do I go into EVERY GAME thinking we are going to WIN ???? 4 or 5 hits ????  That lineup needs to have a SHAKE to it ??  DEVERS , just hacking away, & J D ?????  Pull the names out of hat, would make more sense !!! sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d rofl rofl rofl

Murph

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 09, 2020, 05:24:45 AM
Results are low on the totem pole.  The Angels and M's are down there with us.  There's not much to salvage for a fan in these games.  But I take a daily look at how Bloom is configuring the pitching.  He's peobably constrained from budgeting ANY cash by Henry.

Why waste money in a lost season? IMHO spending makes no sense.

Sea Dog 23

From Masslive on future pitching auditions,
"....several other highlights from Saturday’s simulated game at Pawtucket:

~ Reliever Robert Stock struck out two on 99 mph fastballs and touched 100 mph.

~ Kyle Hart struck out five in 5 ⅓ scoreless innings and Tanner Houck struck out four while allowing just one run in 4 innings.

~ Reliever Darwinzon Hernandez, who began the 2020 season on the 10-day injured list after missing time during training camp because of COVID-19, pitched an inning. His fastball reached 94-96 mph.  RR wants one more sim game from DH before taking him off the IL (covid related).

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 09, 2020, 05:24:45 AM

Just as long as Henry opens hiswallet after the season to se-set and get rid of the garbage and get us some players who can make us contenders again.  No extentions either because some of the guys we're counting on have been way below par.