GAME #152, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 19, 2018, 04:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Damn, another short porch dinger. Two-run version this time. Game over.

longgame

Sox have just looked lost at the plate lately.  Price could have let this turn into a disaster and I’m surprised he hasn’t.  For him in Yankee Stadium this is good.  But there goes another pop up homer, yet the Sox can’t manage one of them. 

That had to be 320 feet with a 45 mph exit velocity.  Not even a major league park and the first place team can’t take advantage. 

longgame

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on September 19, 2018, 08:11:46 PM
Would be 1-1 in a major league park.

At least 2 of the HR's would of been outs in Fenway. At least still in the park.

markj

markj

markj

Still almost a third of the game left. This one could get real ugly.

BoSoxFanNY

SOX are losing 8 - 1.
CRAP!!!!!

Would like to win ONE game in the Bronx -
just to win the AL EAST and get this done.

HATE that we are playing the Yankees 6 times within a span of
10 days AND then have to play them in the ALDS (if they win their
Wild Card game against the A's.)

THESE last two games are not helping my confidence for this team
in the postseason. 

markj

markj

Another pathetic game. The lack of offense is really not a good sign going into the post-season.

ipot

1. No offense = big problem.
2. Price continues to choke against the NYY = little or big problem.
3. The pen stinks = big problem.

I guess that covers most of what constitutes a blowout.  However, #1 and #3 have all been haunting this team lately.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: ipot on September 19, 2018, 09:42:03 PM
1. No offense = big problem.
2. Price continues to choke against the NYY = little or big problem.
3. The pen stinks = big problem.

I guess that covers most of what constitutes a blowout.  However, #1 and #3 have all been haunting this team lately.

SAD.
CRAP!

Not feeling so optimistic about this team beating the Yankees in the postseason.

SeaBeachFred

We scored one run tonight and two last night-----the team's offense has gone to shit.    Our bullpen sucks and I've had it with Kelly and this piece of shit Cuevas.  Those two and Poopie Pants Pomeranz need to be exiled and not used again unless it is mop up time.  In 1964, the Phillies squandered a 6.5 lead in the last 12 games and lost ten games in a row to blow the pennant.  The way we're playing we could also lose ten in a row.   Tonight Swihart and Holt were on the bench but got in and got hits and I don't understand why they are not in the lineup.  What the @#$% is Cora thinking anyway.  It also doesn't help that Mookie chokes, Benny chokes, bogie chokes, Moreland chokes, not a hit from any of them and now that Leon got a hit tonight we can expect Alexz to keep playing him even if his average sinks into the 170's.  Something is really off with this team, record or not.  The Yanks had not been hitting at all the past couple of weeks and they come in tonight and plaster our pitchers.  Right now we are a shitty team and we had better wake the hell up.  Somebody out there take charge.  We looked leaderless and rudderless tonight and have looked that way on and off for the past month.  I totally pissed off about this team now.  We could actually blow this thing.