GAME #149, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2018, NEW YORK METS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 15, 2018, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Good, clean inning by Kimbrel. 102 wins. Just a bit closer to the ALE crown.

Schloicka

Porcello with the win. Kimbrel with the save. Bull pen did well.

Schloicka

8-7 now Jays over Yanks in the 7th on a grand slam. A 6 run 7th for Yanks. All on 3 Hr's.

markj

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 15, 2018, 05:11:19 PM
JBJ with a double that was within millimeters of being a hr but 2 runs scored to tie it at 3 in the 5th. Damn wall cost him a hr. The wall giveth & the wall taketh.

With that ball popping up instead of back, I think MLB overruled physics on that call!

longgame

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 15, 2018, 07:04:14 PM
Quote from: markj on September 15, 2018, 06:34:26 PM
Argh. Jays are going to blow this.

Glad they held on for the win!  Magic number down to 4.

So am I Ted and the Yankees losing didn't hurt either.  I was sweating today's games more than I usually sweat and you know how much I do that.  Please, though, let's not give that game we picked up today back to New York tomorrow.

ipot

Holt's making a name for himself lately with the clutch pinch hitting  8)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on September 15, 2018, 10:50:56 PM
Holt's making a name for himself lately with the clutch pinch hitting  8)

Agreed. He's securing himself a spot for next season. Fine by me. He's an ace up the sleeve in almost any game.

Bill-806

WOW, 102 WINS & COUNTING...…  Boys & Girls, our eyes are witnessing  HISTORY !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 15, 2018, 09:24:42 PM

So am I Ted and the Yankees losing didn't hurt either.  I was sweating today's games more than I usually sweat and you know how much I do that.  Please, though, let's not give that game we picked up today back to New York tomorrow.

I'd like to see that number go down to 2 entering NYC on Tuesday so we just need one win to clinch it in the Stadium.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: longgame on September 16, 2018, 11:22:43 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 15, 2018, 09:24:42 PM

I'd like to see that number go down to 2 entering NYC on Tuesday so we just need one win to clinch it in the Stadium.

YOU got your wish!!