5. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
6. Brandon Nimmo (L) RF
7. Dominic Smith (L) 1B
8. Kevin Plawecki (R) C
9. Austin Jackson (R) CF

Gametime Forecast: 77°F • Clear • 1% PoP

Bill-806

SeaBeachFred

Why is Leon in that lineup????? He is hitting about 180 or so and has been a total wastrel with the bat since April, and unless Devers hits up a storm he is a liability in the field.  Yes, criticize me if you want because we still have a 9.5 game lead but you've seen our inept we've been at the plate, you know how leaderless and rudderless most of our players are, you know our bullpen sucks for the most part, but what  many of you may have forgotten is 2011.  I haven't and if we get swept in this series we could be looking at another debacle like that, a crash that would literally destroy our team for years to come because the leaderless bunch we currently have would show their fragility well into the next few seasons.  Porcello MUST step up today and get us a win, and Mookie and his gang MUST start hitting again.

So very happy I was wrong today-----you have no idea how much.  Of course Porcello only half-stepped with that three run bomb he gave up but today at least we bailed him out with that four run fifth.  I also was totally wrong about the Yankee game today; never believed Toronto had a ghost of a chance after they got drubbed 11-0 last night, but scary as it got in the seventh they held on and helped us get that game back in the standings that we squandered last night.  Tomorrow we face DeGrom, a potential walk in hell, but his team never scores for him so we try harder to scratch out a couple of runs early and wait for their bullpen for a couple more.  In the meantime Alex does NOT use Kelly, Pomeranz, Scott or Cuevas under any circumstances.  They are mop-up men, or should be.

longgame

Once again they get men on base and squander the opportunity.  Need to capitalize on these scoring opportunities.

On Leon, I know that he’s Porcello’s personal catcher but Porcello needs to pitch like he deserves a personal catcher.

Schloicka

Hard to score when JD is only hitting .227 over the last 7 days. 0-2 today with guys in scoring position.

Schloicka

Porcello gives up a 3 run HR in the 4th with 2 outs on a 1-2 pitch. Seems that anytime he throws a bad pitch they hit it out. 3-1 Mets in the 4th. Sox might want to start driving in some of the guys who get on.

Schloicka

JBJ with a double that was within millimeters of being a hr but 2 runs scored to tie it at 3 in the 5th. Damn wall cost him a hr. The wall giveth & the wall taketh.

Schloicka

Holt pinch hitting for Leon hits a double after the Devers walk to drive in 2 more. 5-3 now after 5 innings. All the runs scored in the 5th were with 2 outs.

Schloicka

Poyner with a nice 123 6th inning. I thought Porcello pitched really well even though he gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. Only gave up 2 hits but unfortunately 1 of them was a 3 run HR on a 1-2 pitch that didn't break down and away and hung over the plate. But is in line for the win.

Schloicka

Looks like Wright coming in to pitch the 7th inning. Lets hope he on today with the knuckle ball.

Schloicka

Quote from: Schloicka on September 15, 2018, 05:26:53 PM
Looks like Wright coming in to pitch the 7th inning. Lets hope he on today with the knuckle ball.

He walks the 1st 2 guys in the 7th. Then gets out of it. Still 5-3 going to bottom of 7th.

Schloicka

Brasier pitching the 8th. A 9 pitch 123 inning for Brasier. Should be Kimbrel time coming up unless Sox score a bunch.

markj

Schloicka

JD struggling the last week. It's Kimbrel time. Please no drama.

markj