4. Jay Bruce (L) 1B
5. Todd Frazier (R) 3B
6. Brandon Nimmo (L) RF
7. Dominic Smith (L) DH
8. Austin Jackson (R) CF
9. Tomas Nido (R) C

Gametime Forecast: 68°F • Partly Cloudy • 0% PoP

SeaBeachFred

The Mets can be dangerous and they have nothing to lose.  We need to win this series to shrink the chances of our losing our momentum.  I'll settle for two out of three and we must get them.  We must not let down and get swept before the Yankee series.  I'm still a little worried, remembering how the Phillies in 1964 has a 6.5 game lead with about a dozen games or so to go and lost ten straight.  These things can happen.  I also remember our team in Spetember, 2011.  Keep the line moving forward ands have a fast hook Cora.  Velazquez is usually badly exposed by the fourth or fifth inning.

ipot

Fred is right. Ever since the Mets threw the towel on the season back at the trade deadline, they have been playing good baseball and winning. 

Snydergaard vs Velasquez?  Oh boy, like an SNL skit for a match up.  Hopefully, our offense may shock us and finally knock a starter around since what seems forever.....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: Bear on September 14, 2018, 01:34:23 PM
Syndergaard RHP V Wm. Cuevas, RHP

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/gameday/mets-vs-red-sox/2018/09/14/531612#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=531612

I don't believe we are going to win tonite.

Thanks for the heads-up, Bear. thumb_u I don't suppose he can be much worse than Velasquez. Sox will need some serious offense tonight. That's a big ask against Syndergaard.

This is shaping up to be a bullpen game for the Sox anyway. Doesn't inspire confidence.

BoSoxFanNY

The Mets are pitching two of their best pitchers
against the Sox this weekend.
HOPING the Sox can win 2 games - although, they MUST
win at least one.

Continue to root for ANYONE who plays against the Yankees.

Bill-806

As my GOOD FRIEND  Jimmy DoLittle would say..... "VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN IT THE MOST, BELIEVE IN IT THE LONGEST" !!!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

So Scott plunks a guy and then gives up a dinger and then walks the next batter on four pitches. No wonder his ERA is north of 13. Time to DFA that clown.

markj

Syndergaard is plowing through this lineup like they're high school players.

longgame

Hopefully they can get to the bullpen soon with Syndegaard at 100 pitches and a man on.  Johnson did a good job.

markj

Apparently all the BP pitchers for the Sox were instructed to give up a dinger.

markj

Thornburg having a great night. Not. Cora doesn't have a dependable arm in the entire pen.

markj

Cora seems determined to have everyone take a crack at the plate tonight. Maybe someone will help them avoid a shutout.

markj

Schloicka

Don't like this game by bullpen stuff. No need for it since you have 3 starters sitting in the pen. Johnson was used for 4 2/3 innings anyway giving up only 1 run. Should of started him and went from there. Now on Sunday we'll need 6 innings from the pen again since Sale is supposed to go only 3 innings. Hopefully Porcello can go deep tomorrow to save the pen a little.