4. Kendrys Morales (S) DH
5. Yangervis Solarte (S) 3B
6. Teoscar Hernandez (R) LF
7. Rowdy Tellez (L) 1B
8. Danny Jansen (R) C
9. Jonathan Davis (R) CF

Gametime Forecast: 67°F • Drizzle • 18% PoP

longgame

Price looks sharp.  Offense looks like it isn’t late in the game.

markj

markj

Are you serious? A one run lead and Cora has Kelly warming? And Robby Scott?? Is Cora out of his mind? Where's Poyner?

markj

Price out of the inning, but at 20 pitches, it was costly.  I doubt he comes back out.

Schloicka

Wright in in the 8th. Gets in trouble then gets out of it. Miracle. Kimbrel time?

markj

markj

markj

markj

markj

markj

Schloicka

Well pitched game on both sides. Price with the 1-0 win. Kimbrel with the save. And Wright wiggled out of trouble. Kimbrel was smart with 2 outs not pitching to Smoak who has 24 hr's to pitch to the guy with 2 hr's. Plus Smoak hits him well. Interesting game for the 100th win but looks great on paper. On to Thursday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 12, 2018, 08:00:09 PM
Are you serious? A one run lead and Cora has Kelly warming? And Robby Scott?? Is Cora out of his mind? Where's Poyner?

Turns out they were warming up to get in a little work because I cannot believe he was going to put either one of them into a 1-0 game.  I would have been sorely tempted to fly to Boston and give it to Cora with a  two-by-four in the gut if we had lost this game.  Yes, I'm elated we won; it' great to win the close games like that, and Price was sensational in my opinion.  BUT----why is Leon and Devers in the lineup?  Neither have been worth a damn offensively all season and they look as bad as they have at their worst this season.  We need to get some offense in the lineup and get those two out of it.  It couldn't do nothing but help from where I sit.  Swihart behind the plate tomorrow regardless who is pitching, and keep Holt at third and put Kinsler back at second and we would be fine.....Or how about another chance for Brandon Phillips?  We have better options than the ones we're using.  But as George says....ON TO TOMORROW after another series win.  Now let's run the tables and  try and turn this into a real good homestand.  Personally I feel that for al the crap Price has gone through with the Sox, though some of it was his fault, he deserves our full and complete support and that means his teammates should go out and get more than one damn run.

Schloicka