GAME #143, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2018, HOUSTON ASTROS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 08, 2018, 10:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Thornburg with another good inning. No complaints about the pen tonight. But Kinsler and Devers with 8th inning back-to-back K's while looking at meatballs is infuriating. You can't hit the ball if you don't swing.

markj

markj

markj

Dammit. JD with a GIDP. The Red Sox's favorite inning ending play, sad to say.

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT - another loss to the Astros.

WHY couldn't the bullpen - which held the Astros to NO RUNS
today - have done that last night???

DANG IT!

Have to hope for a Mariner win tonight.

ipot

These past 2 games never felt close. 
Houston is going to the World Series again. 
Their pitching is out of this world. 
Records aside, I think they are the best team in baseball. 

I really don't think the Sox can beat them in a 5 or 7 game series.   
Verlander-Cole-Morton-Keuchel = 1 ace after another.  Their pen is solid.
We have Sale, a resurgent Price and then a pile of question marks. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on September 08, 2018, 10:02:36 PM
These past 2 games never felt close. 
Houston is going to the World Series again. 
Their pitching is out of this world. 
Records aside, I think they are the best team in baseball. 

I really don't think the Sox can beat them in a 5 or 7 game series.   
Verlander-Cole-Morton-Keuchel = 1 ace after another.  Their pen is solid.
We have Sale, a resurgent Price and then a pile of question marks. 

Agreed, 100%. Houston has the rotation to repeat as WS champs.

markj

Cutch is paying off big time for the Yanks. Yanks now leading 3-2 in the 9th.

markj

markj

Argh. Mariners had bases loaded with one out in the 9th and the last two batters K'd with foul tips into the glove.

Sox now down to a 7.5 game lead. They'd better wake the **** up and start winning some of these games.

BoSoxFanNY

Yankees beat the Mariners 4 -2.
Seattle had the bases loaded with one out
AND couldn't score.
TWO strikeouts to end the game.

CRAP!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on September 08, 2018, 11:02:23 PM
Argh. Mariners had bases loaded with one out in the 9th and the last two batters K'd with foul tips into the glove.

Sox now down to a 7.5 game lead. They'd better wake the **** up and start winning some of these games.

AGREE!
Started to get nervous again.

AND I agree that Houston has better pitching overall -
they are back to their winning ways after a hiccup a month ago.
AND our bullpen is not strong enough.

SeaBeachFred

We need a win tomorrow very badly or the tank job will accelerate rapidly much like 2011----which is exactly what it is looking like to me right about now.  If Leon catches tomorrow and Devers is on third we might as well forfeit the game because we will be toast.  Our best chance is to put Brandon Phillips on third and catch the rapidly improving and better hitting Blake Swihart behind the plate.  They at least have some fire and this team is so devoid of any on field leadership that something drastic must happen and quickly.  The Mariners are nearly destroyed psychologically because of their inter-team feuds and will no doubt lose to the Yankees tomorrow once again.....and remember the Yankees open up a series with Minnesota on Monday and even the dumbest Red Sox fan should know by now how that team shits in their pants every time they see a Yankee uniform.

If we blow the AL East we have absolutely no chance to do deep in the playoffs and the season will be a total failure.  We better wake the hell up.   The last two days even horse dung smells better than the performance of our suddenly shaken and totally leaderless ball club.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 08, 2018, 11:29:38 PM
We need a win tomorrow very badly or the tank job will accelerate rapidly much like 2011----which is exactly what it is looking like to me right about now.  If Leon catches tomorrow and Devers is on third we might as well forfeit the game because we will be toast.  Our best chance is to put Brandon Phillips on third and catch the rapidly improving and better hitting Blake Swihart behind the plate.  They at least have some fire and this team is so devoid of any on field leadership that something drastic must happen and quickly.  The Mariners are nearly destroyed psychologically because of their inter-team feuds and will no doubt lose to the Yankees tomorrow once again.....and remember the Yankees open up a series with Minnesota on Monday and even the dumbest Red Sox fan should know by now how that team shits in their pants every time they see a Yankee uniform.

If we blow the AL East we have absolutely no chance to do deep in the playoffs and the season will be a total failure.  We better wake the hell up.   The last two days even horse dung smells better than the performance of our suddenly shaken and totally leaderless ball club.
Fred, that is a  B I N G O !!!!  Devers & Leon are not really helping the cause..... iono iono