GAME #142, FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2018, HOUSTON ASTROS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 07, 2018, 10:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

More direct shots to outfielders. Can't catch a break this game, it seems.

Schloicka

Was good to see Price pitch 6 good innings. Started to get away from him in the 7th. On to Saturday.

markj

SeaBeachFred

We played a very good team and they showed why they are the defending WS Champions.  Sure I'm angry but what can you about it except hope and believe that tomorrow the Red Sox will see some of those balls fall in and a few of the players will hit with RISP---in other words, no LOBsters.  We can, however, take some things from this game though.  One is that we cannot trust Joe Kelly to come through when we need him most.  I always wondered why the Cardinals quickly traded him to us in 2014 after he showed some promise the year before and actually started a few games in the long playoffs the Cards were in.  I think I know for sure why now.  And Devers needs to stay out of the lineup.  You saw him tonight.  He will swing at anything ands looks lost.  Say nothing about his non-defense, and we have to get Leon out of the lineup.  He simply is a rotten hitter and we need some sock  there.  Hopefully tomorrow E-Rod pitches a great game and we get him enough runs for him to get the team a win and himself one also.  To be sure this AL East race is NOT over, especially after tonight.

ipot

I'm not so concerned about the AL East race.   The team that beat us tonight - Houston - is the team to beat.  This amazing run we're on for the best record in the MLB is wonderful, but Houston is the odds on favorite to win the WS again. 

Our pen stinks to high heaven, as Kelly proved AGAIN tonight.  That will kill us in the playoffs, especially against a well-disciplined Houston team with a fearsome rotation like that. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on September 07, 2018, 11:17:14 PM
I'm not so concerned about the AL East race.   The team that beat us tonight - Houston - is the team to beat.  This amazing run we're on for the best record in the MLB is wonderful, but Houston is the odds on favorite to win the WS again. 

Our pen stinks to high heaven, as Kelly proved AGAIN tonight.  That will kill us in the playoffs, especially against a well-disciplined Houston team with a fearsome rotation like that.
CONCUR …… As DAD would say, "SON, when you play the GOOD TEAMS, you have to play SMART fundamental BASEBALL" !!!  To many runners left on and the B P could/did not rise to the occasion !!   BARNES out with a BAD HIP, stay tuned in !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Very concerned about this bullpen.  The achilles heel of this team.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 08, 2018, 10:53:00 AM
Very concerned about this bullpen.  The achilles heel of this team.

It was only one game Ted but I'm in a very miserable mood today.  We should have won the game last night....PERIOD and we didn't and looked like a team getting ready for a tank job.  We simply have to beat this team and if we can't we are done.  Today is a big test and the team has to rise to this occasion.  They cannot allow themselves to lose another game in the standings because Seattle is beset with dissension and has almost fully collapsed after a promising start.  Normally I wouldn't give a hoot in hell about Seattle but they are playing the Yankees and, frankly, I do NOT want to lose any more ground to them.