GAME #140, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ATLANTA BRAVES

Started by markj, September 04, 2018, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 04, 2018, 09:43:07 PM
Nice game. Porcello with the win. Bullpen did their job. Offense finally broke it open a little. On to Wednesday at 12pm eastern for our version of a relievers game.

My son and I were at the game.  Sox looked good but had a lot of help with all the walks.   Tomorrow may see an interesting lineup with the day game, pitcher hitting and swollen roster.  We’re going to that one too.

Nice ballpark with a lot of stuff built up around it even though it’s far from downtown.   

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 04, 2018, 10:27:15 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on September 04, 2018, 09:43:07 PM
Nice game. Porcello with the win. Bullpen did their job. Offense finally broke it open a little. On to Wednesday at 12pm eastern for our version of a relievers game.

My son and I were at the game.  Sox looked good but had a lot of help with all the walks.   Tomorrow may see an interesting lineup with the day game, pitcher hitting and swollen roster.  We’re going to that one too.

Nice ballpark with a lot of stuff built up around it even though it’s far from downtown.

Glad you got to see the new ballpark and even happier you saw the Red Sox win tonight.  How about carrying those vibes in the park tomorrow too.  Would be very nice to turn the hat trick if we can because every win counts more than ever since it means the Yankees have to match point us and eventually that might see them run out of chances to catch up.  Glad we kept at least our 8.5 lead and hopefully tomorrow Velasquez will turn in a few innings of good pitching and the hitters will hit well enough for us to take the contest.

ipot

Be nice to finally put up some runs early and not have to solely rely on Velasquez through the first 5 inns.  As Fred mentioned, Mookie's gotta set the table.  He's due for some leadoff fireworks.

Good W tonight.  Porcello and the pen got it done.  Pearce came through with some big hits.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Another nice WIN...…  Don't look for MUCH of DEVERS at 3rd base the rest of the way..... His GLOVE is not for the POST season !! iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: ipot on September 04, 2018, 11:20:24 PM
Be nice to finally put up some runs early and not have to solely rely on Velasquez through the first 5 inns.  As Fred mentioned, Mookie's gotta set the table.  He's due for some leadoff fireworks.

Good W tonight.  Porcello and the pen got it done.  Pearce came through with some big hits.

Unfortunately, Cora is resting Mookie, JD, Xander and Ian Kinsler for Wednesday's afternoon game.

AND we are losing 7 - 1.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 05, 2018, 01:16:49 PM

Unfortunately, Cora is resting Mookie, JD, Xander and Ian Kinsler for Wednesday's afternoon game.

AND we are losing 7 - 1.

I thought the game was gone too but it looks like a page from 2013 reared its handsome head in the eighth and ninth inning and, WOW, we actually came back to win 9-8.  I was flabbergasted  when I saw the score, having given up on the game as a lost cause and just glad we took two of three in the series against a good team one their home grounds.  But Kinsler got in late as a pinch hitter and drove in two runs with a hit, Benintendi came alive with with three hits and a key RBI and look at what Brandon Phillips did in the ninth----a BOMB, and Kimbrel pitched a pretty good 9th inning save for a two out walk.  All in all a very good way to end the ballgame.  WOW!!!!!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 05, 2018, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 05, 2018, 01:16:49 PM

AND we are losing 7 - 1.

I thought the game was gone too but it looks like a page from 2013 reared its handsome head in the eighth and ninth inning and, WOW, we actually came back to win 9-8.  I was flabbergasted  when I saw the score, having given up on the game as a lost cause and just glad we took two of three in the series against a good team one their home grounds.  But Kinsler got in late as a pinch hitter and drove in two runs with a hit, Benintendi came alive with with three hits and a key RBI and look at what Brandon Phillips did in the ninth----a BOMB, and Kimbrel pitched a pretty good 9th inning save for a two out walk.  All in all a very good way to end the ballgame.  WOW!!!!!

I agree!
WOW!
THIS GAME was amazing!