6. Kevan Smith (R) C
7. Yoan Moncada (S) 2B
8. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 3B
9. Adam Engel (R) CF

Gametime Forecast: 86°F • Mostly Cloudy • 0% PoP

markj

markj

markj

Two looking K's in a row. It'd be nice if the Sox would swing at some of these pitches.

markj

Johnson isn't fooling anyone here. This could get ugly really fast.

Schloicka

4-0 already. Can't keep getting behind and expect to keep winning those games.

markj

Better hope the Tigers hang on and beat the Yanks because the Sox have blown this one.

Sea Dog 23

Was good to see ERod toeing the rubber again.  Before he arrived in Chitown I thought we hit the bottom of the barrel with our rotation.

Bill-806

Well SPORTS FANS, nothing to see here, moveon.org  !!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 02, 2018, 03:04:19 PM
Was good to see ERod toeing the rubber again.  Before he arrived in Chitown I thought we hit the bottom of the barrel with our rotation.

Thought Sea Dog?????   No, my friend, you had it pegged right all along.  Notice today with Brian Johnson scraping the bottom of the barrel with a clown performance worthy of the recent additions of Porcello and Eovaldi, not to mention our friend Velasquez?  We need Sale and Price back, and I can't keep saying how important that is to us.  With our offense going hot one day and ice cold the next ( five hits in games two and four of this series), you can't count on duds personified in Johnson and Velasquez in the rotation, and I wonder just how many winning games we can expect from the likes of Eovaldi and Porcello after the way they've pitched the past two weeks......pure shitty pitching.

Glad the Yankees lost and split their series with Detroit as well, but we need to start winning again on a consistent basis.  For some reason I just don't trust this team of ours.  Again, we seem devoid of leadership and toughness.  I'm reading "IDIOTS REVISITED" this weekend and this team of ours bears no resemblance to the aggressiveness, team unity and commitment that team had.  Good where still in first by 7.5, but it seems to me to be a tenuous one and save for JD no one seems to be willing to take on the responsibility of taking charge of the team.  Even Betts seems to pick one day to get hot and another to go ice cold.

SeaBeachFred

Anybody notice that our closer Craig Kimbrel did NOT pitch even one inning the past four games in Chicago?  A pitcher with Craig's stuff needs to stay sharp and Alexs still doesn't understand this.  We get into a closer's situation tomorrow in Atlanta, and we all hope we are in that spot, don't be surprised if our closer in not sharp and struggles.  When will AC wake up to the fact that the guy need a little work to stay in form?

ipot

The past 2 weeks or so Team500 has been hard to figure out: world beaters one game and worst than the O's the next.  Fred's right about Johnson.  He was helpful up to a point.  Now he's crash landed to earth with a big splat along with Eovaldi.  These guys can no longer be handed the ball, they are so bad.  But with the offense waiting until the 7th inning or so to score, IF they score, it doesn't really matter how lousy the pitching is....

At least the NYY aren't faring much better at home against the lowly Tigers.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 02, 2018, 05:48:55 PM
Anybody notice that our closer Craig Kimbrel did NOT pitch even one inning the past four games in Chicago?  A pitcher with Craig's stuff needs to stay sharp and Alexs still doesn't understand this.  We get into a closer's situation tomorrow in Atlanta, and we all hope we are in that spot, don't be surprised if our closer in not sharp and struggles.  When will AC wake up to the fact that the guy need a little work to stay in form?

I think Cora decided to waste one with this game and rest his main bull pen arms.  Johnson's early success can be attributed to being a relatively unknown.  Now that the league has a book on him, one would expect performances such as the one we witnessed last night.  I think Cora managed last night's game with one eye on the scoreboard since the Yankees were playing an hour ahead.  I agree Fred he never used Kimbrel and he should have.