GAME #107 - SUNDAY, AUGUST 1, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, August 01, 2021, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

What kills me is in this sport you strike while the iron is hot.  They're almost afraid to do well with this team because it complicates the future plans. I get that, but if they made a good run at it, he'd be a hero and he'd be able to do whatever he wanted.  They had a choice - try to win this year while you're already in position, or hope to hell you win it all next year because if not you'll be run out of town.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 03, 2021, 10:38:18 AM
What kills me is in this sport you strike while the iron is hot.  They're almost afraid to do well with this team because it complicates the future plans. I get that, but if they made a good run at it, he'd be a hero and he'd be able to do whatever he wanted.  They had a choice - try to win this year while you're already in position, or hope to hell you win it all next year because if not you'll be run out of town.

We got a break of sort last night when our three rivals all lost.  We now have a chance, perhaps our last one, to rectify our piss poor showing the past few games and get our game together.  It won't be easy because guess who is starting for us tonight?  Richards hasn't pitched worth a damn this season save for two early games and he always seems to get torched for four runs or more in each of his outings.  Can the guy finally get it together and out there and finally pitch a great game?   And can JD and the rest of the crew, Verdugo, Renfroe, Devers and the crowd start hitting more consistently to give us a chance to start a new winning streak.  In my opinion this week is our last chance to make a go of it this season.  Yes, Bloomer boy screwed up badly and showed no guts whatsoever, and, yes, I still believe our club is a fragile one even with the record we had before this bad streak.  Still, they must prove they are not fragile, that they give Bloomer Boy and Prune Face the middle finger and go out and play their asses off and start winning some games and taking it out on their opponents.  The question is can they????"  I sure hope so.