5. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
6. Eric Haase (R) C
7. Harold Castro (L) SS
8. Willi Castro (S) 2B
9. Derek Hill (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

markj

Yanks and Rays both lost while the Sox were off. Sox now a game back of the Rays.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 02, 2021, 09:40:03 PM
Yanks and Rays both lost while the Sox were off. Sox now a game back of the Rays.

markj, try not to get too enthusiastic about what happened to the Yanks and Rays tonight because most likely we probably won't be able to take advantage of it.  Garrett Richards is on the mound for us tomorrow and if that doesn't bum you out it sure bums me out.  The guy has been a total sunk cost for us this season, always getting torched and finding it impossible to pitch a good clean game where he doesn't give up four or five runs in an equal number of innings.  This was one of Bloomer Boy's choice signings last off season and he was telling us that we might be for a surprise from the guy.  Sure there was a surprise but a very unpleasant one because the guy sucks to high heaven----on a par with horse dung Martin Perez.  How can you win games and get to the playoffs with turds like that on the mound for you?

markj

Verdugo K's on ball 3 and 4. Sox batters still blowing chances. They're barely able to hold their own against a sub-.500 team.

Sea Dog 23

Richards is done after 4. Couldn’t get an out in the 5th.

markj

Schloicka

markj

markj

Yep. Can't win games if you don't score runs. 9 LOBsters.

Rays lost as well, so Sox are still 1 game back.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP 5 losses in a row.
WHAT is going on with the offense on this team????

Rays lost again, so still ONLY 1 game behind them.

CRAP

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 03, 2021, 09:39:57 PM
CRAP 5 losses in a row.

CRAP

Well let's look at this picture with a totally blunt attitude----I'm very good at bluntness.  First of all how much longer are we going to have to stomach Richards in the rotation.  He NEVER pitches a good game.  Tonight four innings, five hits and three runs, and couldn't get through the fifth inning.  Tanner Houck needs to be put in the rotation since he has future and GR does not unless his patron Bloomer Boy insists on signing him again this winter.  Secondly what the $%&@ was Miserable Marwin Gonzales back in the starting lineup, and French Fry Cordero for that matter.  Well I have my opinion on that and it is well known by now.  And why is Devers batting second when he was leading the league in RBI's a week ago batting fifth where he raked pretty well?  And why is Arroyo still out?  He should be mended by now and back in the lineup.  Where was Kiki tonight?  Well chalk up another big "L" on our ledger and we get prepared to be swept in Detroit since Piss ant Perez will certainly get racked on Thursday and E-Rod  will find a way to nibble his way to a debacle again.  This has become a shitty team, a very shitty team and the unholy  three are totally responsible for this miserable situation.  i said a week ago the Yanks were coming.  Any one want to doubt me now????? And we will lose tomorrow as well because we have forgotten how to win, have no desire to win, and and are showing themselves to be a totally gutless bunch.  And it was so promising just a week ago.  Thanks Bloomer Boy, you son of a bi tch!!!!!

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 03, 2021, 10:00:21 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 03, 2021, 09:39:57 PM
CRAP 5 losses in a row.

CRAP

Well let's look at this picture with a totally blunt attitude----I'm very good at bluntness.  First of all how much longer are we going to have to stomach Richards in the rotation.  He NEVER pitches a good game.  Tonight four innings, five hits and three runs, and couldn't get through the fifth inning.  Tanner Houck needs to be put in the rotation since he has future and GR does not unless his patron Bloomer Boy insists on signing him again this winter.  Secondly what the $%&@ was Miserable Marwin Gonzales back in the starting lineup, and French Fry Cordero for that matter.  Well I have my opinion on that and it is well known by now.  And why is Devers batting second when he was leading the league in RBI's a week ago batting fifth where he raked pretty well?  And why is Arroyo still out?  He should be mended by now and back in the lineup.  Where was Kiki tonight?  Well chalk up another big "L" on our ledger and we get prepared to be swept in Detroit since Piss ant Perez will certainly get racked on Thursday and E-Rod  will find a way to nibble his way to a debacle again.  This has become a shitty team, a very shitty team and the unholy  three are totally responsible for this miserable situation.  i said a week ago the Yanks were coming.  Any one want to doubt me now????? And we will lose tomorrow as well because we have forgotten how to win, have no desire to win, and and are showing themselves to be a totally gutless bunch.  And it was so promising just a week ago.  Thanks Bloomer Boy, you son of a bi tch!!!!!
CONCUR !!!! PITCHING , PITCHING, PITCHING !!!!  I didn't see the game , nice to see DURAN in the leadoff spot, doesn't look like it mattered ?????  WHAT A MESS !! thumb_d iono sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Some have talked about the front office taking the blame if this season goes down the drain. It seems Bloom is gearing up for probably the ‘23 season. If the team tanks, they will fire Cora first. Bloom will go too, if he flounders in extending Devers/Bogey, or comes up dumbfounded in the free agent season.We have already had five GMs in 15 years.  Would we go for six?

Cora could survive, but he has little to no pitching to put out there. Sale seems like weeks away.

Murph

Are we now watching the real Sox and not the overachievers. Hopefully, they find someone to play 1b . Dalbec is pathetic . Yes, he will get lucky and hit a bomb but a 214 BA with 114 Ks and only 14 BB and OBP of 260 won`t cut it.

longgame

The worst part is that it's all avoidable.  Critical juncture in the season and Bloom spit the bit.  I'm still shocked that he basically did nothing and by the time Schwarber gets here they could be out of it already.

Pitching is a problem, as Eck pointed out last night, they can't even get through the 5th inning.  It's not that they're terrible, just not very good and when you don't score you're in trouble.  Even Cora in his postgame said he only wants them to go a little further.  Maybe expectations are part of the problem.  Nobody goes out with a mindset that they have to pitch more than a few innings.

But the real problem is the dead offense.  We've got enough dead spots and now have more.  Dalbec, Gonzalez and I'm sorry to say, Duran, simply can't be in the lineup at the same time.  Maybe one of them, but not more than that.  These guys simply don't hit.  It makes the Schwarber decision easier, he replaces Duran, but they still don't have a 1B. Then it seems like JD has reverted to last year, although at least he scraped out a couple of hits yesterday.  Bogey is off.  Devers has cooled off and is back to swinging and missing a lot.

Since the beginning of July they've been limping along and it's finally catching up with them this week.  What a shame because there's nothing they can do about it now.

I believe I said it here yesterday but if they have a dismal finish they had better make some moves to fix this team.  But I have a feeling that Bloom will swing and miss again in the offseason.