Main Menu

Ohtani to LAD

Started by Sea Dog 23, December 09, 2023, 03:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Surprise, it's the Dodgers after all.  What a tangled web this guy is going through.  Size of the deal is said to be $699 mil.  I don't think they've put the length of the deal or AAV yet.  At least he's not playing for NYY or Toronto.

longgame

He's out of the division and the Sox need to do what they can right now to get Yamamoto.

markj

Nearly 3/4 of a billion dollars. To play baseball...  ::) sigh

elktonnick

The Dodgers will regret this signing in the long run.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on December 09, 2023, 09:44:36 PM

I don’t know the details but one has to assume they’ll be paying an awful lot for an aging DH at the end of that deal.

Sea Dog 23

In the midst of Ohtani getting $700 mil from LA and John Rahm getting  $300 mil from Saudi LIV golf, Fenway Sports Group, John Henry and Tom Werner, as part of contributors bidding as part of the PGA's financial group PIF, forming a big alliance in the golfing world.

You would think with one of your signature empire limping along in last place finishes, your head would be trying to resusitate the patient before STAT.  Come on Henry.

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/latest/2023/12/10/policy-board-unanimously-agrees-to-further-negotiate-with-strategic-sports-group-continue-pif-negotiations
Modify message

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on December 11, 2023, 10:47:11 AM
In the midst of Ohtani getting $700 mil from LA and John Rahm getting  $300 mil from Saudi LIV golf, Fenway Sports Group, John Henry and Tom Werner, as part of contributors bidding as part of the PGA's financial group PIF, forming a big alliance in the golfing world.

You would think with one of your signature empire limping along in last place finishes, your head would be trying to resusitate the patient before STAT.  Come on Henry.

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/latest/2023/12/10/policy-board-unanimously-agrees-to-further-negotiate-with-strategic-sports-group-continue-pif-negotiations
Modify message

LOL, once again I was just about to post this.  Pathetic timing if nothing else for Henry.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on December 09, 2023, 04:40:57 PM
He's out of the division and the Sox need to do what they can right now to get Yamamoto.

They do huh?????????  Well Ted, do you really think Henry is going to open up his wallet and go all out to build us a real winning team again when he seems more interested in spreading the name of the Fenway Sports Group that providing Red Sox fans with winning baseball.  I'm in total agreement we should get Yamamoto but seeing what has been done since that golden year of 2018 I'm getting more pessimistic and angry as where the team has been going since then.  Three last place finishes in the past four seasons?  If Henry is embarrassed by that pathetic record he ought to just concentrate on that crappy soccer team he bought and stay on his yacht counting his damn money.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on December 09, 2023, 09:44:36 PM

It's the short run I'm worried about Elk.  The idea that the Dodgers might win three or four World Series in the next six or seven seasons ju st sickens me to a hell.  I live in the Los Angeles area and am among the biggest Dodger haters out here.  I never want to see them win and revel when they get embarrassed in the playoffs as they have been since 2013.