GAME #62, DETROIT TIGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 11, 2017, 01:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

HR only in Fenway. Bad pitch selection. Needed a slider there not a fastball. Inning started bad with the Xman error and finished bad.

markj

It isn't finished yet. Maybe it's time to sit Hembree's worthless butt down.

Schloicka

Plenty of chances to score but can't get the big hit.

markj

Yankees beat the snot out of the O's again today, so the Sox will be falling back another game.

ipot

On a good note Hanley got his 25th RBI this year! On pace for about 60!
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Quote from: markj on June 11, 2017, 09:49:27 PM
Yankees beat the snot out of the O's again today, so the Sox will be falling back another game.

The AL East title is less a question of the Yankees cooling down (which they will at some point) than the Sox getting on a roll.  I simply don't see this team capable of getting on any sustained roll for 20 games or so to seize the opportunity. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Quote from: ipot on June 11, 2017, 09:56:37 PM

The AL East title is less a question of the Yankees cooling down (which they will at some point) than the Sox getting on a roll.  I simply don't see this team capable of getting on any sustained roll for 20 games or so to seize the opportunity.

If they lose tonight they'll be 13-7 in their last 20 games. That's a 65% winning percentage. The next 4 games are with the Phils so hopefully they can get 3 out of 4.

ipot

Quote from: Schloicka on June 11, 2017, 10:15:52 PM
Quote from: ipot on June 11, 2017, 09:56:37 PM

If they lose tonight they'll be 13-7 in their last 20 games. That's a 65% winning percentage. The next 4 games are with the Phils so hopefully they can get 3 out of 4.

They will need 3 Ws out of that.  For sure.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

A team of smoke & mirrors, when they win they look good, when they lose they look so lousy with break downs at every phase of the game.  That bullpen is not as good as they think & the starting pitching after Sale is always up & down.  Add in  the lack of   manufacturing runs and what is left is a 500 team at best.  I want changes, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_d rofl slap

elktonnick

I agree.  Like I said before this is a poorly constructed team.  There are too many leadoff type batters and no recognized power hitter.  Hanley Ramirez is looking more and more like his idol Manny Ramirez without Manny's presence at the plate.  Hanley has become pull happy and has degenerated into a 240 hitter. 

Farrell has become an irrelevant presence in the dugout. 

What we have seen in the last sixty games is what we are going to see over the next one hundred, a slightly better than average ball club that will be largely uninspiring to watch except when we have an insufferable performance like last night.

ipot

Quote from: elktonnick on June 12, 2017, 08:30:30 AM
I agree.  Like I said before this is a poorly constructed team.  There are too many leadoff type batters and no recognized power hitter.  Hanley Ramirez is looking more and more like his idol Manny Ramirez without Manny's presence at the plate.  Hanley has become pull happy and has degenerated into a 240 hitter. 

What we have seen in the last sixty games is what we are going to see over the next one hundred, a slightly better than average ball club that will be largely uninspiring to watch except when we have an insufferable performance like last night.

The lack of a threat in the middle of the lineup is a huge problem for sure.  Moreland has the highest OPS in the lineup right now.  And that's great for him and the team.  He's turned out to be a nice pick up by Dombrowski.  But, no one expected Moreland to be the clean up guy which is where he's now the most reliable option. 

More worrisome are Porcello and Price.  Whatever offensive problems will pale in comparison if those 2 hit the skids.  Porcello is a mess right now.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Quote from: ipot on June 12, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 12, 2017, 08:30:30 AM

The lack of a threat in the middle of the lineup is a huge problem for sure.  Moreland has the highest OPS in the lineup right now.  And that's great for him and the team.  He's turned out to be a nice pick up by Dombrowski.  But, no one expected Moreland to be the clean up guy which is where he's now the most reliable option. 

More worrisome are Porcello and Price.  Whatever offensive problems will pale in comparison if those 2 hit the skids.  Porcello is a mess right now.

That's a $50M problem.