GAME #30, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Bear, May 06, 2017, 03:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

We got 6 run lead early.  Well, that's a nice change 8)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Bear

Tepesch came up from Trip-A and was on a pitch count.

Rob from Mass

And tomorrow  they get the HOTTEST pitcher in baseball at the moment.

elktonnick

JBJ gets benched again and Sox win.  I am beginning to wonder if Farrell and the Red Sox see JBJ as a "no hit"  good glove ballplayer.  I know I am.

Bill-806

WOW, that's how to shake it up ........  Put them all on notice, "no one is on this roster for evaaa" !!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 06, 2017, 04:25:35 PM
JBJ gets benched again and Sox win.  I am beginning to wonder if Farrell and the Red Sox see JBJ as a "no hit"  good glove ballplayer.  I know I am.

Elk---Bradley has to sit and stay there for a long spell if necessary.   We can't have another 2014 again when our bumbling skipper kept running JB out there time after time only to see him fail miserably, bench him for a game or two and then back out there.  Young hit two bombs today and Benintendi showed he can play a very good center field.  No one plays defense like Bradley but I'd rather have Young's offense in left and Benny in center than have Andrew in left and no hit Bradley in center.  We need offense.  Frankly, I think Bradley, Little Marco and one of our two catchers became trade bait today if we need to go out and get another decent pitcher and I hope Swihart starts hitting as I know he can so we can bring him up soon.

Give Sale some support tomorrow and we can actually win two in a row.

ipot

Quote from: Bear on May 06, 2017, 03:20:50 PM
Tepesch came up from Trip-A and was on a pitch count.

That did play a role.  Big role. Tomorrow things will be back to "normal."  A weak-hitting team will put up a crooked number now and then.  Plus you have to win a few to stay bubbling at 500.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

JBJ is certainly part of the problem but half the lineup is hitting like crapola. 
If Farrell really wants to send a message, he should start rotating sitting guys.  Betts, Pedroia are struggling. Moreland is coming to earth. Leon/Vasquez are what they are.  Problem is there's no one on the bench who can do much better.... :P 
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 06, 2017, 04:40:18 PM

Elk---Bradley has to sit and stay there for a long spell if necessary.   We can't have another 2014 again when our bumbling skipper kept running JB out there time after time only to see him fail miserably, bench him for a game or two and then back out there.  Young hit two bombs today and Benintendi showed he can play a very good center field.  No one plays defense like Bradley but I'd rather have Young's offense in left and Benny in center than have Andrew in left and no hit Bradley in center.  We need offense.  Frankly, I think Bradley, Little Marco and one of our two catchers became trade bait today if we need to go out and get another decent pitcher and I hope Swihart starts hitting as I know he can so we can bring him up soon.

Give Sale some support tomorrow and we can actually win two in a row.

Fred,  JBJ simply hasn't yet proven that he can hit major league pitching consistently.  I don't think he ever will.  He is an above average centerfielder but the Sox best outfield seems to be Young Benitendi and Betts.  While I am not ready to give up on Bradley totally I just don't believe he knows the strike zone well enough to be in there when the team is struggling to score runs.

ojdidit

This team is lost right now as fundamentals seem to have disappeared. The hitting or lack of is killing them as is bonehead errors. This team has amazing talent and is 15-13 when they probably should have ten wins. Mailing it in they will get 90 wins. They actually play the game it would be a 100 wins.

Bear

I don't this group of men as a team.  That's part of the problem.
They were all co-dependent of Ortiz?  Wow.
Of all the years JBJ has been up in the majors, last year seems
to have been his best.  He can stop runs and that's about it.

Bill-806

Yesterday was fun to watch, now it is on to today !!!   Good luck Chris Sales !! thumb_u