GAME #30, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Bear, May 06, 2017, 03:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V TWINS

SATURDAY, MAY 6, 2017, 2PM AT TARGET FIELD

TV:  NESN, MLBN (OUT OF MARKET ONLY) FSNO

BOSTON (15-14)........................................................................MINNESOTA (15-12)

BOSTON:

RICK PORCELLO, RHP, 1-4, 4.46ERA, 39K

The sinkerballer is 0-4 in his last four starts, but has given up only
four runs in the last three outings.  The Red Sox haven't
scored a run for Porcello in any of those four starts.

MINNESOTA:

NICK TEPESCH, RHP, 0-0, -.-, O K

Tepesch is set to make his first start of the year after posting
a 2.00ERA in three starts at Triple-A.  But he hasn't pitched since
April 20, so he'll be on a limited pitch count.

Porcello, Tepesch set to square off in Minnesota

Patrick Donnelly

The Red Sox send right-hander Rick Porcello (1-4, 4.46) to the mound Saturday afternoon to face the Twins at Target Field. The 2016 AL Cy Young Award winner has lost four starts in a row, though he has given up just four earned runs in 19 2/3 innings in his last three outings.

Porcello will face off against right-hander Nick Tepesch, who will be making his 2017 debut. Tepesch started a combined 39 games for the Rangers in 2013 and 2014 but has made one Major League appearance since.

The Twins have won seven of their last nine games, while the Red Sox are set for Game 2 of a six-game road trip through Minneapolis and Milwaukee following a 4-5 homestand.

THINGS TO KNOW

• Outfielder Chris Young (1-for-3) is the only player on the Red Sox roster who has faced Tepesch in the Majors.

• Twins second baseman Brian Dozier has three home runs in 37 at-bats against Porcello.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/20170505228518752/porcello-tepesch-set-to-square-off-in-minnesota/?game_pk=490545

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

RED SOX (15-14)
Mookie Betts, RF
Dustin Pedroia,
2B Xander
Bogaerts, SS
Andrew Benintendi, CF
Hanley Ramirez, DH
Mitch Moreland, 1B
Chris Young, LF
Sandy Leon, C
Josh Rutledge, 3B

Rick Porcello, RHP (1-4, 4.46 ERA)

TWINS (15-12)

Robbie Grossman, RF
Joe Mauer, DH
Miguel Sano, 3B
Kennys Vargas, 1B
Max Kepler, CF
Eduardo Escobar, 2B
Jason Castro, C
Jorge Polanco, SS
Eddie Rosario, LF

Nick Tepesch, RHP (0-1, 11.25 ERA in 2016)

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/05/red-sox-vs-twins-lineup-rick-porcello-looks-to-put-boston-back-in-win-column/

Bill-806

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 06, 2017, 07:13:15 AM
  Another day, another ????

You know damn well what this day will bring Bill.   And so do most of the others here.  And when the hell is Jackie Bradley going to start hitting or will Farrell keep running him out there game after game until he is down to 150?  He needs a lengthy stay on the bench and there has to be a final decision very soon on Sonny Leon because he isn't worth shit with the bat any more either.  Give Young a full chance to show what he can do instead of having play a good game and let sitting him down again.  This team is shitting the bed badly, there is no leadership, no commitment, no fire, and, most importantly, no sense of urgency.   This is 2014 all over again unless some moves are made and fast.  Those who feel this will pass and the team will start playing solid baseball are only kidding themselves.  Changes have to be made and fast and the first one has to be the manager. Unless Farrell is replaced this is going to end up as a tragic season for us.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 06, 2017, 08:50:55 AM

You know damn well what this day will bring Bill.   And so do most of the others here.  And when the hell is Jackie Bradley going to start hitting or will Farrell keep running him out there game after game until he is down to 150?  He needs a lengthy stay on the bench and there has to be a final decision very soon on Sonny Leon because he isn't worth shit with the bat any more either.  Give Young a full chance to show what he can do instead of having play a good game and let sitting him down again.  This team is shitting the bed badly, there is no leadership, no commitment, no fire, and, most importantly, no sense of urgency.   This is 2014 all over again unless some moves are made and fast.  Those who feel this will pass and the team will start playing solid baseball are only kidding themselves.  Changes have to be made and fast and the first one has to be the manager. Unless Farrell is replaced this is going to end up as a tragic season for us.
B I N G O  dat, all of dat !!!!

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 06, 2017, 08:50:55 AM

What I have feared all along seems to be coming true. And that is that without proven leadership to guide them, these young kids have made the fatal mistake of reading, and then believing, all the pre-season press that essentially handed them not only the AL East title, but an AL pennant and match-up in the World Series against the Cubs.

I don't know who is more at fault---these kids and the folks around them---or Dombrowski for failing to put quality leadership on place. And of course there's Prune Face---who I suspect more by the day is solely responsible for Farrell still being here.

And while I'm on Farrell---he should never, under any circumstances, be allowed to coach another player under the age of 35.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bear

Bill-806

Looks like  J F got my MEMO, shake up of the lineup !! thumb_u

ipot

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 06, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

Well, finally JF tries something.  Porcello has a 1-4 record which is not reflective of how good he's been. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 06, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

I think he only needed to pull Bogey up, but at least the 5 guys who can hit are coming up in a row.

Bill-806

This guy has not pitched in 16 days and K's two of our best in the 1st inning ????

Schloicka

Nice job by Young. I'd be playing him on a regular basis.

Schloicka

Now lets see if Porcello can do his job.

Schloicka

Amazing what a 2 out error can do. Sox finally take advantage of a break. Only 1 earned run given up on a hr by Young.

Bill-806

That's what I had signed on for ......  Good contact, took advantage, and put the defense back on their heels !! thumb_u