GAME #46, TEXAS RANGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 25, 2017, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Kimbrel has enough of the ump's antics and shuts the door. 4 K's in one inning of work. Sox sweep. Very nice.

BoSoxFanNY

SWEET SWEEP of the Texas Rangers.
They had been hot and our Sox cooled them down.

FUN to see the bats!

ipot

Very nice feeling.  To get the sweep.  4 Ws in a row.  Just an all around "A" game in all facets: starting pitcher, the bats, base running, fielding and the pen.  And considering the weather  thumb_u thumb_u
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 25, 2017, 09:56:12 PM
What kind of bullshit call is this? He should have already been out the pitch before and then he swings and misses and still isn't called out. 4 strikes and he's standing on 1st base.   thumb_d :losers iono

Unless they changed the rule to my surprise, when a batter swings and misses and the ball hits anywhere on his body he is out whether the ball gets by the catcher or not.  Hell, even those butts in New York couldn't get it right.  What a bunch of turds that umpiring crew is.  Is it me or is the umpiring the past half-dozen as shitty as it seems to be to me?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on May 25, 2017, 10:24:55 PM
Very nice feeling.  To get the sweep.  4 Ws in a row.  Just an all around "A" game in all facets: starting pitcher, the bats, base running, fielding and the pen.  And considering the weather  thumb_u thumb_u

There was a lot to like about this game until the umpires tried to screw it up in the ninth.  Pomeranz did a solid six innings of pitching, Barnes looked real sharp in the eighth instead of the meatball we have been used to seeing and Bogaerts finally went deep.  If I may, I have to say I didn't like the juvenile display after he hit that homer.  It was only the third inning and after some kudos the players should have ceased their celebrations and got back into the game.   They didn't do anything until the eighth.  This may be small potatoes to some of you but I have always taken it to believe that players should act like they've been there before and should know how to act.  To me it was very unprofessional and juvenile.

Having said that, though, I was happy with the sweep.  Texas had been a hot team and we finally played well enough to get three in a row.  Now let's see if they remember how to play when Seattle comes to town tomorrow.

Bear

With Rodriguez pitching the first game with the Mariners, I think we may make it FIVE in a row.   iono

Bill-806

4 in a row!!   J  F  "making the SOX GREAT AGAIN" !! thumb_u rofl

longgame

They said as the game was ending that MLB screwed up - they didn't think it was reviewable.  I don't think the umps got the point, I think they were thinking the ball hit him so he was on to first maybe?  Or it didn't so he was okay to take first?  Either way, Kimbrel K's 4 to get three outs.

Nice little roll, let's hope they can keep it going.

Rob from Mass

I was starting to really like the way Pomeranz was cruising with his pitch count at 55 thru 4 innings.Then all of sudden he decided to go back to normal .He then through 41 in the last 2 to finish at 96. All in all, it was refreshing to see at least for 1 game he resembled a quality pitcher.I would be satisfied if he could do that every other start although I know that is far fetched.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on May 26, 2017, 08:00:45 AM
They said as the game was ending that MLB screwed up - they didn't think it was reviewable.  I don't think the umps got the point, I think they were thinking the ball hit him so he was on to first maybe?  Or it didn't so he was okay to take first?  Either way, Kimbrel K's 4 to get three outs.

Nice little roll, let's hope they can keep it going.

They couldn't review whether he swung or not but it has always been reviewable to see if a batter got hit with a pitch. They screwed up.