GAME #45, TEXAS RANGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 24, 2017, 04:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 25, 2017, 07:25:20 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 24, 2017, 10:38:37 PM
It took a helluva lot longer than I wished it to be but the team caught fire, or did the Ranger bullpen thats started   throwing blanks---whatever we got a big seven run seventh to finally give Sale the support he needed and saved him a loss since we were down 3-1 in the seventh.  Travis got two hits in his inaugural but I would have like one of those hits to have come with runners on base that led to RBI's.  Still we won and have taken the series.  Of course, this may mean more than Sunday or Tuesday but whether we are ready to make some kind of a move is still questionable.  For me, I want to see things keep going for another couple of weeks before I change my tune about this team.  Still, we are better than we were on Saturday night so I guess that's some sort of progress.

Tomorrow we send out Drew  Poopie Pants so if I'm more than a little leery about tomorrow evening I thing you can understand why.
  AS Red Sox Nation wakes up to start the day, every coffee shop & water cooler will be talking about how  J F  is a genius , yes,  3  W's in a row !!!   Go Sox thumb_u

I hope Bill you were saying this tongue-in-cheek for the only person because the only person doing what you said w ould be Prune Face himself, the owner who for some reason thinks Farrell is some kind of genius in the dugout.  The rest of us are concerning ourselves about how Drew Pomeranz might fare tonight and are worried as hell as the Pooper might unravel once more.

SeaBeachFred

OK, Farrell did his job last night and did it well, but isn't this what he is really supposed to do instead of scaring the shit out of us with some of his usual stinky attempts at strategy?  And three in a row while decent doesn't begin to answer the question whether the team is ready to make a move.   It isn't until they can sustain this for a period of a month of solid baseball.  Did you also catch Elk's part of our winning three straight with the other team for the third straight game playing sloppy baseball?  It is nice to take advantage of other team's mistakes and good teams do do that, but good teams also win when their opposition also plays well......and that is something we haven't done worth beans so far this season.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 25, 2017, 09:38:38 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on May 25, 2017, 07:25:20 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 24, 2017, 10:38:37 PM
It took a helluva lot longer than I wished it to be but the team caught fire, or did the Ranger bullpen thats started   throwing blanks---whatever we got a big seven run seventh to finally give Sale the support he needed and saved him a loss since we were down 3-1 in the seventh.  Travis got two hits in his inaugural but I would have like one of those hits to have come with runners on base that led to RBI's.  Still we won and have taken the series.  Of course, this may mean more than Sunday or Tuesday but whether we are ready to make some kind of a move is still questionable.  For me, I want to see things keep going for another couple of weeks before I change my tune about this team.  Still, we are better than we were on Saturday night so I guess that's some sort of progress.

Tomorrow we send out Drew  Poopie Pants so if I'm more than a little leery about tomorrow evening I thing you can understand why.
  AS Red Sox Nation wakes up to start the day, every coffee shop & water cooler will be talking about how  J F  is a genius , yes,  3  W's in a row !!!   Go Sox thumb_u

I hope Bill you were saying this tongue-in-cheek for the only person because the only person doing what you said w ould be Prune Face himself, the owner who for some reason thinks Farrell is some kind of genius in the dugout.  The rest of us are concerning ourselves about how Drew Pomeranz might fare tonight and are worried as hell as the Pooper might unravel once more.
B I N G O dat !!!  As DAD would say,  "SON, where did you get your sense of HUMOR from" ?? rofl rofl rofl thumb_u

ipot

It's the W that counts.  3 in a row. 

What would be really nice is if they can raise their scoring against opposing starters from the lowest since the Washington Statesmen of the 1891 American Association.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Sales last 5 starts are with a 3.50 era .

Rob from Mass

As far as pushing the right buttons for pinch hitters Farrell doing a hell of a job. Sox are the best pinch-hitting team in baseball this season
8-for-19, .421.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 25, 2017, 01:00:25 PM
As far as pushing the right buttons for pinch hitters Farrell doing a hell of a job. Sox are the best pinch-hitting team in baseball this season
8-for-19, .421.
  SO   ????    It is all about keeping the pitcher off balance/guessing what's coming next !!  Once that happens, the game gets easier !! thumb_u