GAME #23, CHICAGO CUBS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 29, 2017, 01:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Quote from: Muggah on April 29, 2017, 06:13:03 PM
4 errors and John Farrell as your manager is all you need to know about today's game.

You're testing my patience, Dombrowski!

That's pretty much the kit n' kaboodle.....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Quote from: ipot on April 29, 2017, 06:22:29 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 29, 2017, 05:57:36 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2017, 05:52:09 PM
Sox hitters are rolling over on the ball virtually on every at bat.

Do you think Chili Davis sees this Elk or are these players so set in their ways that they simply will not listen.  Our team sucks.  BTW, my second team is the Cubs.  I follow them in the NL, but right now I am pissed off royally.  We should be beating them.  Let me root for the Cubs AFTER this shitty series.

My question exactly.  Chili Davis did wonders with these guys last season.  They are rolling over the ball and aren't listening.  Davis obviously can see it.

I am not criticizing Chili Davis but it is obvious that these are guys aren't situationally hitting.  To me there is no reason why they aren't going with the pitch.  When they roll over on a ball and end up hitting a weak grounders, it  is because they are trying to pull everything instead of going with the pitch especially when there is an over shift.   
They aren't playing team baseball.  They are playing selfish baseball. 

Their fielding woes are another example of not paying attention to detail.  Their defensive lapses are strictly due to the fact that management isn't holding these guys accountable.

I still haven't forgotten the whole Manchado flap.  Like I said before there is something rotten in that clubhouse which we see reflected in their sloppy distracted play on the field. I suspect we'll see further indication of whatever is simmering out of sight which will blow up in public if this team doesn't right itself soon.

longgame

Quote from: Muggah on April 29, 2017, 06:13:03 PM
4 errors and John Farrell as your manager is all you need to know about today's game.

You're testing my patience, Dombrowski!

Yep, sums it up pretty good.  Just so frustrating to watch. 

Bear

As for the kids hitting, I remember Ortiz leaning against the fence in the dugout with them
and telling them how the pitcher worked and what to expect.
You mean to tell me there isn't anyone in that dugout with that ability?
There's just no common sense in that organization.

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, me thinks that the natives are getting restless"  thumb_d