GAME #21, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 27, 2017, 02:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Yankees win 1-0 in the 5th.  Doesn't Sale know he has to pitch a shutout?
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

JBJ with a GIDP. Love it. Sale will be looking for another team soon. Someplace where his efforts will pay off.

Rob from Mass

markj

Nice play by Benintendi to gun down that runner at 2nd.

ipot

Gawd.... this is like watching paint dry.   

Sale couldn't win if he pitched a 9 inning no-hitter  sigh

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Now Leon is making it even easier on the Yanks by hitting soft grounders right to the 1st baseman. They barely have to move to get an out.

ipot

Joe Maddon just announced the Cubs will be resting their starting pitchers this weekend.  They're going with some of their minor league prospects. 

Smart move. Sox can't hit against a HS team. Rest your arms when you can.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 27, 2017, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 27, 2017, 03:55:09 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 27, 2017, 03:16:07 PM
As much as this team is playing bad I can`t think why I would not watch .If that would be the case I probably would go to another teamand that will NEVER BE THE CASE.As the saying goes" to each his own".

Well maybe I'll change my mind and watch......or maybe not.  And your point is well taken.  I would never root for another team other than the Red Sox......not ever, but right now they are stinking up baseball, and I'm convinced that changes are needed and not just in the manager's chair.  Sandoval has to go for one.

Fred  I am not busting stones but following this team, for 60 years I can`t think of a scenario where I would not watch this team.When it took so long to get to the promise land why would I not watch a game.I know everyone is different and the team sucks at the moment but for me, I will continue to watch and hope they somehow play to their capabilities.

Of course you're right, I've hardly missed a game in decades!  But it is discouraging to watch this and the poor announcer doesn't help.

longgame

This is awful.  Sale goes into the 9th, gives up 1 now but the other one was unearned.  I'm okay with Farrell running him out there in the remote hope of getting him a win.

Sale has to be pissed.  He seems to have the most heart on this team. 

Farrell needs to do something with the lineup and someone needs to step up, as Ortiz did at times last year (and in other years) to shake these guys up too. 

markj

At least the crowd appreciates a good outing by Sale and shows it. His run support has been abysmal.

longgame

Why would you put Hembree in here?  Maybe takes the pressure of the lineup to try to win the game.  Wouldn't want them to be too stressed.

ipot

Quote from: markj on April 27, 2017, 08:19:15 PM
At least the crowd appreciates a good outing by Sale and shows it. His run support has been abysmal.

He's been everything we hoped for and his lineup has wasted every start of his. Just abysmal.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

3 shutouts in the last 7 games. And let's not kid ourselves, last night's single run was lucky. Tonight could easily have been the 4th shutout in 7 games. If that isn't reason to can Farrell, I don't know what is.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 27, 2017, 07:25:18 PM
JBJ with a GIDP. Love it. Sale will be looking for another team soon. Someplace where his efforts will pay off.

Why is Leon still in the lineup?  As Elk would say, "Farrell is stubborn beyond belief from what I know of him."  There you have it.  Well, what the @#$% are they afraid of?  DFA the guy and some other team picks him up and he comes back to haunt us?  Can you believe the Red Sox still operate in fear?  That guy has to go, Swihart brought up and get a younger player in the lineup with some promise, and as I totally disagreed with most of you before the season, Blake should never have been sent down....PERIOD!!!!!  Now we have Leon and Sandoval stinking up the joint and watch out for Bradley now.  He is such a streak player and be advised since he came up for the first time in 2013 he has had two good hot streaks and four or five deadpool droughts and might be headed for another 2014 season?  Remember that?  Of course, that's only part of the problems.  It starts in the dugout, something many of you refuse to agree with.  Farrell is bad for this team and has created a bunch of underachieving losers who makes excuses and can't seem to rouse themselves to win.  Thank God, I did NOT watch the game tonight.  I might have been the smartest one on this board tonight for doing that.  THIS HAS BECOME A REAL SHITTY TEAM, LED BY A SHITTY MANAGER AND POPULATED BY SHITTY AND UNINSPIRED PLAYERS WHO LACKED HEART, GUTS AND BALLS.