GAME #16, BOSTON RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, April 20, 2017, 03:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Feel bad that Sale was denied a W but bottom line is winning the game.

Rob from Mass

Rob from Mass

Xander getting sore left thumb examined after jamming it on a headfirst slide into 2nd after his rbi single in the 9th.

longgame

Sale continues to deliver, the wins will come.  This should have been an easy win as most games should be when he takes the mound.  But in the end it's a W.

BTW, I have that Betts struck out twice but I was pretty happy he did strike out last night just so O'Brien would stop talking about it every freaking time he came up.  I was worried that we were going to hear "Mookie has struck out only once since..." so him striking out a few times will kill that.  I really find O'Brien tough to listen too.  There was something the other night. Jerry mentioned that when he was in the league guys lefties never through a changeup to lefties.  O'Brien never asked the question I'm sure people wanted to know, "Why?"  I find that he gets his talking points and picks up some baseball lingo for the day and he spits it out awkwardly and often. 

SeaBeachFred

Extra inning win on the road===excellent.  One run for Sale===pathetic.  I think maybe Farrell needs to find some hitters who don't shit the bedwhen  their aces pitches for them.  The lack of support for Chris has been disheartening.  Well we won, though, and that's what counts.

ipot

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 20, 2017, 02:53:16 PM
Feel bad that Sale was denied a W but bottom line is winning the game.

Yup.  Sale is going to make MLB history this season.  The only starter who'll log in 200+ innings, finish 1st in ERA, 1st in strikeouts, and have 0 wins to show for it.  And he'll still win the Cy Young  8)

No run support at all....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee