Main Menu

Doom for Bloom?

Started by MongoLikeSox, September 07, 2023, 08:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

An SI article my Wife found and forwarded to me.
https://www.si.com/mlb/red-sox/news/red-sox-reportedly-interested-in-replacing-chaim-bloom-with-top-exec-scott7

Not sure how legit this writer is. Tough to tell sometimes. Pure speculation with very little substance. That said, his opening paragraph is not too far off base. Pretty much simplifies the obvious problems while assigning way too much credit for the "stacked" Farm System's improvements to Bloom.
SI - "The Boston Red Sox are on pace to miss the postseason by a hefty margin for the second season in a row -- largely due to roster holes that everyone was well aware of entering the 2023 campaign."

I searched for more information on this front. One thing stood out. There wasn't anything out there. Not even a current endorsement speech from Kennedy for either Cora or Bloom. I found last year's, which was issued in early August. Nothing this year that I've found.

Keeping fingers crossed.

SeaBeachFred

The ball is now in owner John Henry's dingy court.  Either he is totally comatose or in another world or he has finally understood that his desire to retrench AFTER a World Series title in 2018 was a miserable and costly blunder.  There is no way the team can improve measurably next season my friend if both Bloom and Cora are back.  One is a miserable excuse for a Baseball Ops direction with one pathetic mistake after another, the o ther a manager who has long ago lost his mojo and has become the epitome of a filthy rotten cheater who has brought blight and disgrace to the organization.  Why he was even rehired after it became obvious that he was the brains behind the "super steal"of the 2017 season boggles my mind to this day. I am keeping my fingers crossed because this duo back in 2024 spells another miserable season for the team.   They are both discredited losers and have to go.