Red Sox Farm System

Started by elktonnick, February 02, 2023, 03:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Tomase just tweeted that Red Sox Farm System now ranked 23rd in MLB and last in ALE.  WTFhas Bloom been doing??

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on February 02, 2023, 03:33:24 PM
Tomase just tweeted that Red Sox Farm System now ranked 23rd in MLB and last in ALE.  WTFhas Bloom been doing??

Didn’t that article draw from a Keith Law report?  I read he is a big Uankee homer, maybe anecdotal.  I saw another rating this week showing Sox #11.  Baltimore and Pirates 1 and 2.  It seems to be subjective and based on older stats, whereas post spring 2023 ratings would be critical.  As far as the absence of good pitchers on the Boston farm, Bloom did draft mostly college age pitchers in last years draft.  Unfortunately no pitchers named Leiter or Rocker (from the Vanderbilt factory)

elktonnick

I read Laws report in the Athletic.  I think time will tell.  I have no confidence that Boston can produce a major league starter.  They haven't done in 15 years.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 03, 2023, 07:34:01 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on February 02, 2023, 03:33:24 PM

Didn’t that article draw from a Keith Law report?  I read he is a big Uankee homer, maybe anecdotal.  I saw another rating this week showing Sox #11.  Baltimore and Pirates 1 and 2.  It seems to be subjective and based on older stats, whereas post spring 2023 ratings would be critical.  As far as the absence of good pitchers on the Boston farm, Bloom did draft mostly college age pitchers in last years draft.  Unfortunately no pitchers named Leiter or Rocker (from the Vanderbilt factory)

I saw that too.  Law was the outlier, everyone else had them in that 11-12 range I believe.  I was just talking to someone else that I place no stock whatsoever in these.  Too many major busts while some guys come out of nowhere.  Baseball seems even more hit or miss than other sports at this level.  Too many skills have to come together.