Main Menu

deGrom

Started by Sea Dog 23, December 02, 2022, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Rangers broke the bank getting Jacob deGrom for 5/$185m.  To put that in perspective they have put big money on the table for a couple INF and a pitcher.  $600m for Seager, Semien and now deGrom in just a couple years.  What a way to kick off the winter meetings. 

longgame

Quite a big contract for a 34 year old, but he’s a stud when he’s on the field. 

Texas going all in, it will be interesting to see where this leads for them.  Clearly tired of being second fiddle to the Astros in Texas. 

SeaBeachFred

I wonder if Bloomer BOY  is seeing what Texas has been doing?  Probably not since first of all he is a moron baseball wise and secondly the strings are tied very tight by his cheap bastard of a boss.  I laud Texas for what they have done this year and last.  It didn't work this past season because while they hit ok their pitching was shitty.  Now they have a qualified ace and another move or two tells their fans  that they are in the hunt and refuse to be a bootlicker any more. They're taking a chance and  that is what is takes.  Now Bloom you get busy.  The Martin signing was a good one in my opinion but a helluva lot more needs to be done.

Sea Dog 23

Mets do a deal with Verlander 2/$86.6mil (matches Scherzer salary)
Lose deGrom then reload, but insane money.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on December 05, 2022, 11:40:43 AM
Mets do a deal with Verlander 2/$88.8mil
Lose deGrom then reload, but insane money.

Just saw that.  There goes the pitching market.  I doubt the Sox will never sign a top of the rotation pitcher with Henry as owner.  How does this affect the position player market as it's leaps and bounds more than anyone has made per year?

longgame

Turner to Phillies - 11 years, $300M.  Turner is 29.  The market has been made, your turn Chaim.