Blooms moves or lack thereof

Started by elktonnick, November 27, 2022, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

With Philly out of the Bogey sweepstakes,  there’s still reported 7-8 teams in line.  A rumor out tonight that the Diamondbacks are now the favorites for Bogey.  I guess we could all be missing the point that Bloomer signed his Bogey insurance last year in Story.  He can find a 2B on the cheap and consider it done.  Save the money for a pitcher OR a new yacht for himself.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on December 05, 2022, 05:46:09 PM
With Philly out of the Bogey sweepstakes,  there’s still reported 7-8 teams in line.  A rumor out tonight that the Diamondbacks are now the favorites for Bogey.  I guess we could all be missing the point that Bloomer signed his Bogey insurance last year in Story.  He can find a 2B on the cheap and consider it done.  Save the money for a pitcher OR a new yacht for himself.
Here is Bloom and Henry.'s problem in a nutshell they said that they were going to make a big effort to sign Bogey.  If they punt an do not sign him or someone considered a big name high quality Free Agent they are screwed.  Unless they sign a big bat they have no protection for Devers at the plate.since JD and Xander would be gone.

Without a universally applauded big name FA signing the Red Sox will have lost all credibility and fan interest will plummet

MongoLikeSox

This Bloom chatter blah blah from a PC yesterday from the MLB site.

"
A report in The Boston Globe on Sunday, citing a source, said that the Red Sox had yet to make a “competitive” offer to Bogaerts.

“It’s not for me to decide or announce what’s competitive or what isn’t. We’ve certainly made offers to him, and we’ve certainly been engaged and we’re going to stay engaged,” Bloom said.
"

He won't even suggest anything made as being competitive yet. On the other hand, I'd much rather have the bulk of all that process behind the curtains instead of that Cashman act with Judge last April.

BOH had used a prop to the press that was slightly amusing if not a little diggy and loaded up for backfire. Said they received a few bottles of wine by accident and decided that the brand was better suited for the press. The brand name is "Pessimest". Yeah, the press are going to have a lot of fun with that one if getting Bogey back doesn't pan out.

MongoLikeSox

Bora$ is dialing up the wick. He said that the team is just so-so without 'X.   sigh     No, we're actually so-so with Bogey, and not getting any better with anytime soon. Pitchers and targeted RH bats keep falling off the board. 

longgame

Are we sure Bloom even went to the Winter Meetings?  Do the other teams even talk to him?  Is he as much of a joke to the rest of the MLB as he is to the Sox fan base? 

elktonnick

DD in Philly is making Bloom look silly.  Boras also made it clear that he will not give Boston the final chance to match any offer.
Bloom is hell bent on signing only 2nd tier players and Swiss Army Knives.

MongoLikeSox

Yanks matched the Giants' offer and went 9 years, $360M. I would never wish harm on Judge. He seems like an upstanding dude to me. I'm glad he peter-slapped Cashman out of $150M for his bring the fight to the public transgressions before the season started. Such a class-less move, and it backfired big time.

That said, I really wish he had gone to the Giants, but only if he listed the Yankees' fans' booing late in their playoff run late in a loss this year as one of many reasons.

It's now time for the Bora$ slapping Bloomer around show.

Sea Dog 23

There is life on the Sox phones!   Kenley Jansen was signed for 2/$32mil .  Not sure how he pitches as he was not the high leverage guy for Dodgers in the playoffs.

Sox also talking to Matt Carpenter for DH.  Certainly a low budget move.

longgame

I was shocked to see this.  For that money he has to be at the back end, but let's see what he does.  I think it's a good deal for a guy of his caliber, and also know that as soon as he blows a single game that people will want to run him out of town.  35 years old, two years.  Let's see!

longgame

A good post from Will Middlebrooks:

QuoteLove the shape of the Red Sox bullpen. Joely Rodriguez, Chris Martin, and now a CLOSER in Kenley Jansen. 79 saves in the last two seasons, and he’s a winner. You know who’s really good friends with Kenley? Xander Bogaerts. Let’s go! Get it done. He’s our captain.

elktonnick

The cynic in me says Will Middlebrooks is really angling for a NESN job.

Sea Dog 23

Could very well be that the Judge signing is the catalyst for field players big names to start moving.  Sox heard that Giants and Yanks each losing Judge would move to the SS market, Correa or Bogey.  Probably puts the heat on Bloomer, and he has stepped up the talks with Bogey this morning.

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on December 07, 2022, 11:09:35 AM
The cynic in me says Will Middlebrooks is really angling for a NESN job.

Middlebrooks in the booth and Jenny Dell on the field?

longgame

Middlebrooks has tweeted a lot for a while.  I think he likes being a baseball gadfly and the occasional appearance on MLB.

longgame

Lots of online buzz that they've been meeting this morning and in the last few minutes that a deal is "close".  We'll see!