Astros and GM part ways

Started by Sea Dog 23, November 11, 2022, 03:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

James Click GM of the Astros leaving Houston after two years and a world title. His contract ended this year.  For 15 years with Tampa Bay and a part of their baseball operations.  I wonder if John Henry thinks he got the wrong piece of the pie.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 11, 2022, 03:23:49 PM
James Click GM of the Astros leaving Houston after two years and a world title. His contract ended this year.  For 15 years with Tampa Bay and a part of their baseball operations.  I wonder if John Henry thinks he got the wrong piece of the pie.

He didn't get the wrong piece o the pie Sea Dog; he got the crumbs.

Sea Dog 23

Looks like Rays are going to unload some prized possessions.  Glasgow is in final arb year.

Sources: Mets, Cubs, and Reds have been in touch with the #Rays about their available pitching. The Angels have shown interest, too, as previously reported. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
Sources: #Rays are engaged in advanced trade negotiations ahead of Tuesday’s roster protection deadline. At this point, industry observers expect multiple trades by the club over the next 48 hours. @MLBNetwork @MLB

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 14, 2022, 09:48:35 AM
Looks like Rays are going to unload some prized possessions.  Glasgow is in final arb year.

Sources: Mets, Cubs, and Reds have been in touch with the #Rays about their available pitching. The Angels have shown interest, too, as previously reported. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
Sources: #Rays are engaged in advanced trade negotiations ahead of Tuesday’s roster protection deadline. At this point, industry observers expect multiple trades by the club over the next 48 hours. @MLBNetwork @MLB

We can't be interested my friend.......Bloom is too busy in the dumpster trying to scrounge some cheap duds for his team.

Sea Dog 23

Cora's bench coach Will Venable took a lateral move to the Rangers.  So is Varitek in line for the job?  With the new baseball rules now on line, there will need to be different analytis with respect to  running the bases, adapting to the pitch clock, changes affected by no shift.