2022 World Series

Started by markj, October 28, 2022, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

I find the comparisons to last year's ALCS striking.  Sox came out like gangbusters, especially Kike who apparently earned his contract extension then since he hasn't done anything since.  Then Houston just shut down the offense completely.  They definitely deserved it although I hate the team, but I'm happy for Vaz, who simply delivered every time in his limited opportunities.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on November 07, 2022, 07:38:15 AM
I find the comparisons to last year's ALCS striking.  Sox came out like gangbusters, especially Kike who apparently earned his contract extension then since he hasn't done anything since.  Then Houston just shut down the offense completely.  They definitely deserved it although I hate the team, but I'm happy for Vaz, who simply delivered every time in his limited opportunities.

Ted, as you know I wanted the Astros to win.   Reasons vary but the most important to me was that I wanted Dusty Baker to have that ring after such a long and successful reign as a manager minus the one thing that could get in into the Hall of Fame.  Another reason is, living in the Los Angeles area, I am up to here (top of my head) hearing all those disgusting Dodger fans keep harping on 2017, as if the Astros weren't capable of ever winning one honestly.  The Dodgers had numerous chances of winning one of the first two games in LA and didn't, and they couldn't hit in the clutch in those games in Houston.  LA blew it; their hitters just froze in key situations.  Then we can look at 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022, not to mention those o ther times since 2013 when they got the big apple in their throats.  Besides, if their is blame to go around it stands front and center w ith our manager who was the brains behind the cheating and he is still managing, unfortunately w ith us.

longgame

The Astros were clearly the best team in baseball this year, as much as it pains me to admit it.  But the NL playoff implosions really helped. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on November 07, 2022, 02:21:23 PM
The Astros were clearly the best team in baseball this year, as much as it pains me to admit it.  But the NL playoff implosions really helped.
Live by analytics die by analytics.  The Dodgers let the nerds manage their playoff run.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on November 07, 2022, 05:59:59 PM
Live by analytics die by analytics.  The Dodgers let the nerds manage their playoff run.

Right again Elk, and you might have mentioned what the Phillies did on Sunday when they took out their ace pitcher with a 1-0 lead and put in a left to face a lefty even though the hit ter has hit better against southpaws than righties.  Plus the fact  that Thompson's reliever had been a little ineffective of late.  I'm told that Dusty Baker has actually gotten into hot water at times with his analytic buzzards in the front office because he uses analytics very sparingly.  Maybe some other teams will take the hint and do what Dusty does and use analytics when he feel HE must and not the pencil neck geeks who never played the game, coached the game and learned what little baseball they know from the computer printouts.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on November 07, 2022, 10:30:02 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on November 07, 2022, 05:59:59 PM

Right again Elk, and you might have mentioned what the Phillies did on Sunday when they took out their ace pitcher with a 1-0 lead and put in a left to face a lefty even though the hit ter has hit better against southpaws than righties.  Plus the fact  that Thompson's reliever had been a little ineffective of late.  I'm told that Dusty Baker has actually gotten into hot water at times with his analytic buzzards in the front office because he uses analytics very sparingly.  Maybe some other teams will take the hint and do what Dusty does and use analytics when he feel HE must and not the pencil neck geeks who never played the game, coached the game and learned what little baseball they know from the computer printouts.

That had to be one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.  He was cruising.  He's great against lefties.  Alvarez is a dangerous hitter.  So he makes the move and the rest is history.  You go with the hot hand while you have them.  I was listening on the radio guys and they said it was likely pre-planned, if he gets a couple of guys on with a lefty coming up they were going to pull him.  Dumb.