2022 World Series

Started by markj, October 28, 2022, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

[I can't seem to find this thread on the forumfrom day to day]

It was surreal to watch our (former) catcher assist in the no-hitter.  And watch our former slugger, who led the NL in homers (50) this year.

longgame

Crazy that the Phillies set a record for World Series HRs in one game and get no-hit in the next.  Plus, really makes you appreciate Drysdale's feat even more - a perfect game and he didn't need three relievers to finish it. 

I'm hoping the Phillies didn't pull a 2021 Red Sox and get hot for a couple of games only to flame out. 

elktonnick

Kudos to Christian Vazquez who caught the game.  Sure wish Sox had players like him.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 03, 2022, 07:13:07 AM
[I can't seem to find this thread on the forumfrom day to day]

It was surreal to watch our (former) catcher assist in the no-hitter.  And watch our former slugger, who led the NL in homers (50) this year.

That's baseball as the saying goes.  A team can blast the ball all over the lot one game and go dry the very next one, although what happened in games three and four do boggle the imagination a little if for nothing else the extreme in outcomes was very unique.  Well IMHO it's anybody's guess how this t hing shakes out but at least it is going back to Houston so  the Series will go on for at least two more game.  As for  your thread you don't have to rub it in Sea Dog.  Schwarber's 50 dongs this past season is an embarrassment to those who run our team and extremely irritating to all of us Red Sox fans.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on November 03, 2022, 07:59:59 AM
Crazy that the Phillies set a record for World Series HRs in one game and get no-hit in the next.  Plus, really makes you appreciate Drysdale's feat even more - a perfect game and he didn't need three relievers to finish it. 

I'm hoping the Phillies didn't pull a 2021 Red Sox and get hot for a couple of games only to flame out.

Drysdale's feat Ted?  You've got me there.....and I thought I knew baseball trivia fairly well.  All I know about "Big "D" is that he once hurled 59 and a third innings of shutout ball in a row, but I don't think that is what you were talking about.  How about enlightening me about that.

markj

Phillies seem to be looking at a lot of 3rd strikes tonight.

markj

Close game, but 2 runs in 2 games isn't the way to win. Phillies batters seemed stymied again. Castellanos was a disaster following Harper at the plate. 0-4 and ended several innings, including the 9th. He kept stranding Harper.

Sea Dog 23

One big reason Sox flamed out last year â€"- guy named Framber Valdez. As Big Papi said last night, “unhittable,” he quited Boston last year, crushed the Yankees bats last week, and is throwing in Game 6.  But it seems like Houston had 3-4 of those incredible pitchers.  The Sox and most of the AL teams are maybe 4-5 years behind that development.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on November 03, 2022, 11:32:08 AM

Drysdale's feat Ted?  You've got me there.....and I thought I knew baseball trivia fairly well.  All I know about "Big "D" is that he once hurled 59 and a third innings of shutout ball in a row, but I don't think that is what you were talking about.  How about enlightening me about that.

Brain fart - Don Larsen.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on November 04, 2022, 07:58:56 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on November 03, 2022, 11:32:08 AM

Brain fart - Don Larsen.

Thanks Ted.   You had be going for a whole day with that Drysdale thing.

markj

Was a close game for quite a while. But again, Phillies can't buy a run except for Swarber's occasional dingers. Never seems to be anyone on base when he hits one, though. And this Alvarado guy who came in from the BP is screwing up the game. Already gave up a 3-run dinger and then throws a wild pitch to put a runner in scoring position. Still hasn't recorded an out.

markj

Vaz just got an RBI. He's likely to earn another WS ring tonight.

elktonnick

Both Schwarber and Vazquez are having a good game and series.  As we all have said repeatedly since the playoffs began, wish the Red Sox had players like them.

markj

Phillies offense went AWOL after their big 7-0 win. That's a shame because they're a better team than the record will show. I'm glad Vaz gets a WS ring after they way the Sox screwed him over. But I hate seeing that cheating bastard Altuve with a smile on his face.

markj

NOTE: As a reminder, I'll soon be upgrading the site to current PHP standards and then upgrading the forum software. I'll give it a week or so until some of the other stuff going on is settled. Maybe Thanksgiving week will be a good time to do it. But when that happens, the site may be down for a day or two.