Quote from: markj on September 20, 2022, 08:05:00 AM
6:40PM Eastern

Red Sox

Brayan Bello (R)

Reds

Nick Lodolo (L)

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Well well, we get another chance to send out our "prized" prospect Bumbling babbling brayan bello so he can get the shit kicked out of him again.  He with the 1-6 record and pluse five ERA  and has showed us he can't control his pitches, gives up too many hits, cannot extricate himself from jams he gets into and seems to always come out on the short end of a decision.  Congrats scouts and pitching coaches for saddling us with another in a long series of duds for our pitching staff.  How about a housecleaning of our minor league pitching instructors who can't seem to instruct, teach or develop pitchers, or aren't you watching Prune Face Henry????????

longgame

Meanwhile a team like the Guardians play all rookies plus Ramirez and they're going to win their division.  Plus how many times do we run into the latest phenom on some other team?  Sox will blame it all on Dombrowski of course but that's old news.  If you don't have guys now and want to develop them, then you have to bring in free agents in the interim.  They don't seem to get the basics of running any kind of team. 

elktonnick

I understand Sox pitchers unloaded on Bloom.  It seems Henry's latest Tampa transpant.has lost the respect of his clubhouse.

longgame

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on September 20, 2022, 03:45:30 PM
I understand Sox pitchers unloaded on Bloom.  It seems Henry's latest Tampa transpant.has lost the respect of his clubhouse.

I read that 12 years ago Bloom wrote "The Rays' Ways", 'how to develop quality, young pitchers'.  Tom Verduci said he was one of the best in the business in player development.  If all that was based on fact, he is none other than a planted agent seeking to destroy the Boston franchise.

markj

markj

Nothing is ever easy with this BP. Strahm is either going to walk in a run or give up a granny to tie it up.

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 20, 2022, 06:26:17 PM
Nice job by Bello getting out of bases loaded with none out.

That was the first good sign I've seen from Bello in awhile. Getting out of a bases loaded no outs jam is a good sign from this guy....for a change.  But he still gives up too many hits and doesn't miss enough bats.  And this wasn't the Yankees or Astros we were facing.  Still he picked up a win so did the team.

longgame

Quote from: markj on September 20, 2022, 08:42:31 PM
Nice to see some dingers for a change.

I get the Cincinnati broadcast, who by the way was great to listen to - a local announcer who had great chemistry with Barry Larkin with special guest Joey Votto who has been sitting in the booth as he recovers from injury.  Votto was talking about how it was a great ballpark to hit HRs in because it's so small, but it also takes away opportunities because the outfield wall is such a straight layout.  Point being, the warning track Sox of course could hit homers!  I didn't see Raffy's, but I know that Refsnyder's was gone anywhere. 

Sea Dog 23

Bello has probably earned himself a spot on the 2023 starting rotation, maybe by default, as the returnees aren’t much.  Whitlock’s future looks more relief than starter.  He is done, now scheduled for a hip procedure.

Eovaldi could come back next week for one or two starts before he becomes a free agent.  The most value is probably Wacha.  It would be wise of Bloom to extend him, but he could be under orders to clean house, let Bogy walk,and trade Raffy (??).  Bloom/Henry are now totally unpredictable. The clubhouse is very wary of the next shoe(s) to drop.