5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
6. Bo Bichette (R) SS
7. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
8. Cavan Biggio (L) 2B
9. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 21%

Sea Dog 23

JBJ’s return to Boston!  We’re 3-10 this year to the Jays.

longgame

JBJ starts the rally with a double that was Pham’s nightly misplay.  Nice contrast on that play and Pham got hurt and had to come out too.  He’s been a good lead off hitter but quite the disaster in the field.  Meanwhile Winckowski is up to his usual tricks, given up a slew of runs.  This one started late but I’m going to be done with it early.

elktonnick

Our genius Chief of Baseball Operations said before the game that the mood in the clubhouse was up beat and the team was well positioned to make a run for a wildcard playoff spot. (

Bloom is either delusional or he was talking about the Blue Jays.

markj

The Sox are easy to pitch against. Just throw it outside the strike zone and they'll swing at it.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 23, 2022, 09:09:05 PM
Our genius Chief of Baseball Operations said before the game that the mood in the clubhouse was up beat and the team was well positioned to make a run for a wildcard playoff spot. (

Bloom is either delusional or he was talking about the Blue Jays.

Bloom may be finally feeling the heat or more likely is also delusional.  His trades have been disasters.  Under that shithead we have lost Benintendi, Renfroe and Schwarber (FA).  Think we could have used those guys this season.  Instead, we get Winckchowski, a total crud who get smashed every time he goes to the mound.  And let's not forget Sebold, Crawford, French Fry, and a slew of "prospects" who have shit the bed all season.  He must go but he won't be cause that cheap bastard Henry would have to pay off the rest of his contract and be forced to sign someone who would cost more---and he won't do that.  Yet I see the stands still packed watching this shit show game after game.  Maybe it's the pink hat fans who are delusional.

markj

McGuire is pitching. And Cora seems happy. He's got 2 quick outs, though.

Make that 3. Not bad.

longgame

Baghdad Bloom has no idea what he's talking about.  No team is happy that they're falling out of the race and losing badly whenever they play a good team and sometimes when they play a bad team too.  Last night was a classic - get lit up, game over early, but with a chance late, they get their "Slugger" up to the plate with the bases loaded a couple of lazy swings later he's out.  It was amazing because I had stopped watching when they gave up the 8 runs, but when I flipped over later there was JDM flailing away with bases loaded.  He hit a nice fly ball that almost made it to the warning track.

Bad enough they take the fans for granted, but don't lie to us too. 

MongoLikeSox

That was one ugly inning. So was Franchy's attempt at the pop up 3 pitches into the game. Or Pham missing another catchable, albeit somewhat difficult play. This IS the show, though. They need to be made here.

FWIW, Casas is heating up and swinging nicely. Not many HRs, but he's getting hits. Missed a chance at a cycle last night when Ronaldo Hernandez got thrown out at second on a passed ball. That made the strategy shift to walking Casas being a smart move and no cycle attempt. Anyhow, Casas is hitting .333 with a 1.010 OPS, which is wicked nice considering only one dinger. Remember when our big 3 were hitting like that and we were scoring runs? (sigh!!!)

FWIW, I'm not saying Casas is ready to be on this Red Sox team ATM. I think our track record with rookies this past couple of years speaks for itself. No sense ruining another prospect.

longgame

Agreed on that last part 100% Mongo.  I see a lot of people clambering to bring Casas or other guys up, but why introduce them to this crappy lot of players.  I really have to wonder what they're going to do because they aren't solid at too many positions.