GAME #122 - SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by markj, August 21, 2022, 10:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Holy Moley.  Sox will pitch Winchowski on Tuesday. The guy who was torched for 9 runs the other night. That’s pretty much running up the white flag.

SeaBeachFred

Pack it in guys and the last man out please turn out the lights.  In this soon to be off season, Bloom has to be fired for his total incompetence in building the 2022 team.  Has he even made one decent trade the past year?  Is it possible we could have been in a better way had we still had Renfroe and Schwarber instead of French Fry and Bumbling Bradley?  Would spending money on a quality star ting pitcher not too long in the tooth and a reliever who could pound the strike zone on a consistent basis have helped instead of some of the trash bloomer boy stuck us with.  Cora, the filthy rotten cheater, should be canned too.  Just like fellow cheater AJ Hinch of Detroit, both teams are sucking wind at the bottom or near the bottom of the pile.  Detroit fired their inept GM Al Avila and I will bet Hinch will walk the plank in the Fall.  Will Prune Face show enough guts and smarts to do the same with Cora and Bloom?  Or will having to eat a couple of contracts and hire good baseball men  to run BO and the team cost too much for that cheap bastard to expend from his treasure chest.  I'm betting we will see both bums back next season for another disgraceful episode of inept Red Sox baseball.

Hey Boston Press working for The Globe, how about getting a pair of balls to start giving Henry what he deserves for his malfeasance as an owner the past few years, OR ARE TOO GUTLESS TO DO THAT FOR FEAR YOU MIGHT JEOPARDIZE YOUR JOB?

longgame

At least some relief tonight as they have the night off.  Winchowski should be called Timex - he takes a beating but he keeps on ticking. 

Just watch them now out of habit until the point where they blow the game, which was late last night as such things go.

What worries me now is how Bloom will manage to downgrade this team further while Henry chases other sports franchises.  He may end up killing the goose that laid the Golden Egg. 

Sea Dog 23

If you’ve been tracking Bloom the last two years, he’s mr. analytics, looking for a value-added prize on the cheap in all of his moves.  As an example, he would find that Franchy had a better WAR in the month of April 2019 than Judge or Renfroe, then sell it to Henry, who would say he was brilliant.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 23, 2022, 07:16:45 AM
If you’ve been tracking Bloom the last two years, he’s mr. analytics, looking for a value-added prize on the cheap in all of his moves.  As an example, he would find that Franchy had a better WAR in the month of April 2019 than Judge or Renfroe, then sell it to Henry, who would say he was brilliant.

That's what Henry probably said  to bloomer and probably meant it since he is a total moron on judging talent, but what he was really thinking was....Oh boy, I saved a lot of money for another yacht and trips to the Caribbean and money for a new NFL Team or a hockey team or some other shit he might have on his addled brain.  In the meantime we are due to get mangled by the Jays this series starting with one of bloomer boy's horse shit trades, Winchowski, on the mound and due to get the living shit knocked out of him as he has in just about every start he has made for us.  Nice going Bloom, you bum!!!!

longgame

Henry looks at the Sox as one piece of a portfolio.  The purpose is to maximize the valuation of the portfolio.  The way to do that may not be to put a winner out there all the time, but I think that's his fatal flaw.  He takes fans for granted and he's right to do so because there's an endless supply of pink hats and now yellow shirts to be sold.  If he had a good idea, he'd have found a GM that could stick around long enough, but he seems to reward success by firing the GM and dismantling the team.  It's happened so often know it's a pattern.  It's a hell of a way to run a business, but there's so much money in entertainment he doesn't have to be good at it. 

MongoLikeSox

Franchy was sent back down and then recalled. Paperwork matter. Eovaldi and Hosmer to the IL, Franchy and Winckowski up. Another day in paradise.

At least the Blue Jays have trouble hitting hangers. No, wait. I got that backwards. <gulp!!!>