GAME #122 - SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by markj, August 21, 2022, 10:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

MongoLikeSox

I can't remember such an awful ballplayer who has as many fun moments as Cordero. Now let's hope for 2 innings of chest high throws to 1B.

markj

markj

markj

Ugh, and now a walk. Bases loaded, one out. I doubt the O's GIDP here.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Nope. That well done got drained. Cora's been using him often and for multi-innings lately. He's tapped out and he was last night. Schreiber needs a few days off. I hope he's not toast.

markj

elktonnick

16- 32 against the ALE.  Horrible team.Horrible telecast! Red Sox suck! Bloom sucks! ESPN sucks.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Bloom screwed the pooch on this fix, too. How many non-errors has Pham had just in the past week that's cost us runs? At least 3. Create a hole by plugging a hole. I will never understand how he thinks that should work. 

I don't know what Cora can do, but everyone of us saw Barnes getting worn out only to see him come back out for another inning. Everyone has seen Schreiber fade this past week. I think he's getting worn out. Lots of use including a could multi-inning outings recently that have been somewhat weaker the second inning. I guess I've got 3-4 pitchers that I would have been shocked to see come out yesterday. It included the two we saw combine to blow the game. Not their fault, really.

We needed the extra pitcher and was gifted that opportunity for a game, but they didn't want to put Hosmer on the IL. Enter Franchy. His HR was great and it worked, but sure could have used a fresh arm instead of a 6th OF'er and a backup 1B.

elktonnick

Bloom's analysis of what a team needs to be successful is seriously flawed.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on August 22, 2022, 07:19:40 AM
Bloom's analysis of what a team needs to be successful is seriously flawed.

All things are relative.  If your owner/GM want to be the east coast Tigers or east coast Royals, the Sox have exceeded all expectations.  If you expected the traditional ALEast contender …  oh, that team no longer plays in Boston.  At least not in the Henry/Bloom years.

longgame

Too many points of failure on this team.  Something will go wrong often when you have so many broken parts.