5. Kyle Stowers (L) LF
6. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
7. Austin Hays (R) RF
8. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 14%

markj

MLB Little League Classic from Williamsport, PA. Maybe the Sox can find a way to not look like Little Leaguers. JDM's birthday today, too.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2022-mlb-little-league-classic-red-sox-orioles

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 21, 2022, 10:17:47 AM
MLB Little League Classic from Williamsport, PA. Maybe the Sox can find a way to not look like Little Leaguers. JDM's birthday today, too.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2022-mlb-little-league-classic-red-sox-orioles

It would be swell if the Red Sox could pull it off but the way they celebrated my 22nd Anniversary of Red Sox fandom with a rotten performance Friday night, well, they owe me and everyone on this board and other boards a solid ball game and a win.  Let's see if they can do i t.

Sea Dog 23

News ahead of Tuesdays game, Nate will miss another start suffering in his ‘trap’, as Cora calls it (trapezius). Looks like Pham will be back in the lineup.

longgame

I was thinking to myself and actually about to post that Bogey will find a way to turn a man on third into a DP.  But it was too unbelievable to think it would happen.  He’s gone from not clutch to totally destructive.

markj

Was just about to post that only Mr. Clutch could screw up a man on third and one out.

markj

Pham with a Little League error. I was worried that they'd look like amateurs playing here.

elktonnick

The Sox can not seem to hold onto to the ball.   They have a collective case of the dropsies.

markj

Wow, a run. Earned the old fashion way, too. Amazing.

ESPN spends way too much camera time on the talking heads and not enough on the field.

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on August 21, 2022, 06:45:43 PM
Wow, a run. Earned the old fashion way, too. Amazing.

ESPN spends way too much camera time on the talking heads and not enough on the field.

If it were up to me I would ban ESPN.from broadcasting baseball  They are consistently horrendous.

elktonnick

ESPN spent 5 minutes interviewing the kids.  Nice interview should have saved it for a pitching change or a break in the action on the field. ESPN does not consider the game is important enough to actually show what is happening on the field.

MongoLikeSox

I am feeling fortunate I missed most of the first inning. Pivetta gave up a line drive out when I turned it on and has been good.

Arroyo with the comedy moment of the year to Odor. "Please don't hit me..."   rofl

MongoLikeSox

So the Bogey with a runner on 3rd. I hope that was a sac fly thrown out at the plate?

markj

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 21, 2022, 07:50:32 PM
So the Bogey with a runner on 3rd. I hope that was a sac fly thrown out at the plate?

No. A line drive to the 3B who then beat Pham back to the bag. Pham wasn't that far off the base, but the line drive catch was right there.

markj

Bogey is forgetting that he's playing in front of a bunch of Little Leaguers. That attitude after hitting a popup isn't very role model-like.