5. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
6. Miguel Andujar (R) DH
7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
8. Kyle Higashioka (R) C
9. Tim Locastro (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

If this is the ESPN game, they had advertised ARod and Jeter in the booth.  Blech.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 14, 2022, 09:03:13 AM
7:08PM Eastern

Red Sox

Michael Wacha (R)

1. Tommy Pham (R) LF
2. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
3. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
4. Alex Verdugo (L) RF
5. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
6. Eric Hosmer (L) 1B
7. Christian Arroyo (R) 2B
8. Jarren Duran (L) CF
9. Kevin Plawecki (R) C

Yankees

Jameson Taillon (R)

1. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
2. Aaron Judge (R) RF
3. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
4. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
5. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
6. Miguel Andujar (R) DH
7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
8. Kyle Higashioka (R) C
9. Tim Locastro (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Xander Xander will come to play but how many runners will he leave stranded today???????

longgame

They managed not to talk about Judge for about 10 minutes, but we really don’t need them cutting in on the Kay Rod BS.

markj

As always, I'm watching with the TV muted. But it does seem like The Yankees Show with special guests, The Red Sox.

markj

markj

longgame

What a game.  Nice to have a dominant starting pitching performance and not have the bullpen blow it.

That has to the shortest Sox-Yanks game in at least 30 years.

BoSoxFanNY

AND the RED SOX WIN!
3 - 0.
ON ESPN!
AND a short game - less than 2 1/2 hours.

Feels good to win a series.
AND BEAT the YANKEES!

Schloicka

Sox had good pitching in this series. Scored only 8 runs and won 2/3. Not pretty at times but got the job done. On to Pittsburgh Tuesday.

elktonnick

That is the way baseball should be played.  Wacha got the ball then threw the ball.  No agonizing over every pitch.  Pham's energy has clearly impacted the rest of the team.  2hours and 15 minutes'.

The only negative about the game were the Yankee announcing crew oops I mean ESPN.  They hardly mentioned Boston the entire game.  The worst is Eduardo Perez.  Several years ago, Justin Masterson threw an immaculate inning against the Yankees, and he never said a word about it.  He was too busy talking about a birthday party.

BoSoxFanNY

Wacha was our best pitcher BEFORE he got injured.
WOULD love to see more pitching from him . . .
GREAT job against the Yankees tonight.

SeaBeachFred

A very impressive and businesslike win today against the Yankees to enable us to finally win a series against a division foe.  A long time in coming.  But we did win this series and perhaps we can make a run for a WC spot if we can put some winning streaks together, like say four or five game streaks done about four times or so.   It will be hard and the odds do not favor us but I see that Pham has been a real spark for us and hopefully Hosmer will start hitting more regularly to go along with his fielding and leadership.  Let's se what happens this week, though, before any of us get carried away, but, yes it is always nice to take a series from the Yanks who are showing a few dents and a couple of small cracks.

MongoLikeSox

That was needed, big time. Great game by Wacha from what I've heard. I only was two innings (6th, 7th) and then the last two batters of the 9th. It's astonishing that a simple act of a 7 inning start and good relief pitching has been so elusive all year. When it happens, we get caught admiring it for the art that baseball can be.

Oh yeah, and a complete Major League lineup, sans one weak spot as a Rookie learns late in life.

All's I want from Bogey and JDM is what they were doing in June. Just get some hits. Doubles rock! They were hitting plenty of them.  If the HRs ain't there, they ain't there. This team can win with hits. It HAS won with hits and it can still score with hits. HITS, come late October, is the only thing the great pitchers will give you in October some nights.

Sea Dog 23

Sox won a series, yes.  Also they are getting (more) healthy.  Wacha is back, Kike' loo king to play this week, and Story to travel with team.  Would help pitching to have Paxson in a few weeks and put Hill in the pen.