5. Gleyber Torres (R) DH
6. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
7. Jose Trevino (R) C
8. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
9. Aaron Hicks (S) CF

Gametime Temp: 71°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

With the history of late summer Boston Massacres I'm cringing in anticipation of this series.

On the other hand it was around this time of year that Varitek gave A-Rod a catcher's mitt sandwich and the Sox started their run in 04!

Schloicka

Thought Eovaldi pitched well considering he's not 100 percent. 6 innings. 108 pitches. 2 earned runs. Can't really ask for more. Went out with the Sox trailing 2-1.

markj

elktonnick

Interesting to hear Eck and Mazz rip Blooms handling of right field and trading Renfroe.

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on August 12, 2022, 08:26:17 PM
Interesting to hear Eck and Mazz rip Blooms handling of right field and trading Renfroe.

Was interesting. Wasn't so bad trading for JBJ if he was going to be the 4th outfielder but needed a starting RF.

longgame

Everyone knows the failures except Bloom.  The JBJ trade, the no 1B, the bullpen. 

Heard an interesting stat the other night - Pham has the 3d most HRs of any Sox OF (as an OF).  Verdugo - full season - 7.  Kike - most of the season - 4.  Pham - week and a half - 3. 

longgame

Pretty low key game for a Sox Yankees matchup.  Eovaldi navigated his tight rope act sufficiently as did Barnes.  Too bad they can't hit. 

Schloicka

Good pitching and just enough offense get it done. Guess every team can have bullpen troubles.

markj

So Barnes done good again. As did the BP. Jekyll and Hyde with this group. A win is a win and this one was sweet.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 12, 2022, 09:52:38 PM
So Barnes done good again. As did the BP. Jekyll and Hyde with this group. A win is a win and this one was sweet.

I'm certainly not throwing this win down the drain, especially since not only came from behind to TIE again but carried it further and got a dramatic extra inning victory in the bargain.  I thought we might win one of the games in this three game series, but it would be nice to take another and win a series for a change against division rivals, especially this one.  Two wins in a row?  Hard to believe we're getting charged up by a two game winning streak.  Nice if we could make it three tomorrow.

Sea Dog 23

It’s been awhile since you could hold on til you get to the Yankee bullpen. Interesting plays in the 10th. Davis couldn’t lay down a bunt but got a swinging bunt.  McGuire with a squeeze, or was it just a pop up?  Gladly Pham settled it.

MongoLikeSox

I didn't understand the safety squeeze with McGuire. I wasn't expecting it the next night with Kiner-Falefa(sp?)

That was a good win. I thought they blew their obvious big chance.

Quote from: elktonnick on August 12, 2022, 08:26:17 PM
It's almost like the Red Sox PR machine took off loosened the shackles on of their streaming press puppets during the week. Eck was being quiet about it all most of the season. Maybe Eck retiring and some Maz doing some fueling of the fire opened Eck up a bit.