GAME #111 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2022 - ATLANTA BRAVES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 09, 2022, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

The Sox have become the panacea of other slumping teams. Royals had lost 7 out of 9, Braves lost last three until the Sox showed up.  Balt. is on a roll, and Yanks arrive losing 7 out of 8.  What else could go wrong?

longgame

Has Ort contributed anything positive to this team?  I know there's nobody else in the bullpen now but seriously, this guy is a disaster. 

Devers may be trying to do the opposite from JDM.  Martinez gets that long soft swing going that will do nothing if he hits it.  Raffy tries to kill everything, especially if it's well out of the strike zone.  Up, down, doesn't matter.  Of course then there are guys like Dalbec who never saw a pitch a foot above the strike zone that he doesn't want to swing at.  What a sad lineup, sad pitching staff, sad team. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 10, 2022, 07:54:03 AM
Has Ort contributed anything positive to this team?  I know there's nobody else in the bullpen now but seriously, this guy is a disaster. 

Devers may be trying to do the opposite from JDM.  Martinez gets that long soft swing going that will do nothing if he hits it.  Raffy tries to kill everything, especially if it's well out of the strike zone.  Up, down, doesn't matter.  Of course then there are guys like Dalbec who never saw a pitch a foot above the strike zone that he doesn't want to swing at.  What a sad lineup, sad pitching staff, sad team.

We specialize in coming back from a deficit to TIE but never enough to put another run or two on the board to win a game.  I was this same crap in 2014 where we did this 14 of 16 times  until I stopped keeping track when September rolled around.  But you said it in your last sentence Ted.  THIS IS ONE HORSESHIT TEAM>

MongoLikeSox

The boys in the booth said a couple of interesting things last night.
1: The Braves have always been good at developing talent.
2: The Braves were doing it with the oldest looking coaching staff in the Majors. Real live baseball men, not analytics kids. (Some late inning shifts were interesting, though.)

Anyone think Eck told OB, "Will you PLEASE just STFU?" after the rainbow comment?  I felt embarrassed for him.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 10, 2022, 02:42:47 PM
2: The Braves were doing it with the oldest looking coaching staff in the Majors. Real live baseball men, not analytics kids. (Some late inning shifts were interesting, though.)

Anyone think Eck told OB, "Will you PLEASE just STFU?" after the rainbow comment?  I felt embarrassed for him.

Surprised you don't get the Atlanta broadcast like I do.  They were just puzzled about the Sox in general, like how they went from 6th to last in ERA in a month.  Or how they are currently vying with Washington for worst in MLB.  Or how they had seemingly no strategy. 

I get Atlanta, then Baltimore tomorrow and last time they played Pittsburgh they considered this Pittsburgh territory.  I mean it's only 450 miles away...

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on August 10, 2022, 03:02:11 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 10, 2022, 02:42:47 PM

Surprised you don't get the Atlanta broadcast like I do.  They were just puzzled about the Sox in general, like how they went from 6th to last in ERA in a month.  Or how they are currently vying with Washington for worst in MLB.  Or how they had seemingly no strategy. 

I get Atlanta, then Baltimore tomorrow and last time they played Pittsburgh they considered this Pittsburgh territory.  I mean it's only 450 miles away...
I've got the MLB package still, but I added some streaming service thing for the away games and to get around all the stupid blackouts.

I've already decided I don't want to watch the national broadcasts this weekend. Whether I can convince the Mrs to go along with that plan and do a couple of movie nights is another topic.