6. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
7. Michael Massey (L) 2B
8. Nate Eaton (R) RF
9. Kyle Isbel (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 93°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Sea Dog 23

If I remember it, Sox have played every day for  18 days and finally get tomorrow off.  And just in time for some tough matchups.

Sea Dog 23

If this was football, you’d say the Sox layed down. 3 hits in 6 innings and two of those out of the 8 and 9 holes.

markj

All over now anyway. Down 5-0 in the 5th. I'll be impressed if they somehow manage to finish the season above .500.

MongoLikeSox

That was the one thing I noticed on Duran watching some Worcester games earlier in the season. It gets interesting on the deep flies. The question is, can he do what Kike did last season? Kike was iffy on an everyday basis, but learned to be outstanding.

How much does it help Verdugo, being the one to have calm his team-mate down for a change? And they just said Pham? This has got to be one of the most , um, emotional outfields we've ever had.  rofl 

MongoLikeSox

Maybe send the Outfield to the mound to try and settle Darwinzon down?

elktonnick

SeaBeachFred

I'm following the Mets for the rest of the season.  Not as my new team but I do need to follow a team that I like and have a chance to make it to the post season, and not named the Dodgers, Yankees or Astros.  I met a man at Cooperstown on my trip there and we hit it off real well.  I promised him if the Mets get into the World Series (no sure thing but possible) and play the Yankees I will get tickets and fly out to wa tch it with him.  What else can I do? My Red Sox are a total shit show run by a total incompetent named Bloom, a cheap bastard of an owner who thinks we should be a small market team and when he doesn't think that way, always misreads the market as his former satrap Lucchino always did.  And right now being hammered again by Kansas City, one of the worst teams in baseball, it will get a lot worse than better this coming week when we have to take on the Braves and Yankees.  A curse on both of you Bloom and Prune Face.

longgame

Darwinzon is the new Robles.  They’ll keep running him out there no matter how bad. 

Duran seems like a great kind but a very bad outfielder.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 07, 2022, 05:54:57 PM
Darwinzon is the new Robles.  They’ll keep running him out there no matter how bad. 

Duran seems like a great kind but a very bad outfielder.

How many holes has Bloom created in one week?  He traded our go-to catcher for career backups.  Traded a healthy set-up man in Diekman and brought up Darwinzon.  Also this week he DFA'd the only one capable of playing CF.  Unless Kike' plays against Braves, Im drawing a blank.

elktonnick

Over the past few weeks Duran has played the worst centerfield I have ever seen watching MLB. I don't mean just the Red Sox.  I mean ever   Can anyone recall worse.

MongoLikeSox

Good question. Not sure I've seen one struggle defensively as we've seen in CF.

Seeing some of these young players come up makes me wonder just how much bandwidth there is in the current farm system to enable a young player to grow at a position via practice reps. Seems backwards to me. Refsnyder spoke of the coaching at the big league level. Seems like money would be well spent to develop these kids before they get here.