5. Hunter Dozier (R) 3B
6. Nick Pratto (L) 1B
7. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
8. Kyle Isbel (L) RF
9. Nicky Lopez (L) 2B

Gametime Temp: 96°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Nasty hot and humid at game time. Heat index of 104F. Eovaldi will need a bath towel on the mound.

Sea Dog 23

This Lynch dude is a tall lefty, 6-6.  For the year 1.55 WHIP, 4.70 ERA  The Sox should hit this guy early and often.  But with the southpaw, usually means Hosmer and McGuire would sit in favor of Dalbec and Pawlecki.  I don't recall what Verdugo's splits are against lefties.

MongoLikeSox

Miserable heat and humidity. We used to play in these games in Sr League, and by August, your 17-20 man roster was down to 12-14 that could still walk. We had a few rough upper 90's games. They were Brutal. We were one of the younger teams, mostly 38-42 years old. Other teams would have serious attendance problems. Hard to imagine. :) 

markj

Well that's a nasty start to the game. One pitch and the Sox are down 1-0.

elktonnick

OB strikes again.  No sooner does he say that Eovaldi has not lost a road game all year.  First pitch a home run.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 06, 2022, 09:01:39 PM
First and last pitch from a Sox pitcher were the killers.

Reminds me lately of 2014.  So many times we came from behind to TIE a game only to lose it late in the contest.  History is repeating itself but why was Duren and Hosmer out of the lineup.  You play your best men Cora, you dummy.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, with this now fragile team, and who knows who can pitch well when called on, it’s areal grab bag of results.  We won at Houston, but they’re just coasting like they are now in Cleveland.  With the Braves and Yanks in town next week, it’s likely getting ugly.  Who do we have that can command the strike zone?  Probably one of the rookies.

elktonnick

I have a some what different take on yesterday's  game.  It is difficult to get motivated for a game played in that much heat and humidity. When ownership and GM quit in you the way Henry and Bloom have the team says what's the point.

MongoLikeSox

I didn't keep it on long enough after the walk off HR to see a replay, but I swear it was another groove job or hanger or something. Lots of them this year all over and by everyone it seems. Or it's just that they matter more now due to games being closer.

I looked on baseball reference that that kid in LF, Melendez. after OB and Youk talked abut his Minor League numbers. He's actually a 23 year old catcher. Filled in for Perez when he was down. Moved him to RF and part time DH after Perez came back. They gave him a total of 12 games at a non-catcher position in the minors. Three at RF and eight at 3B. Certainly explains why LF looked foreign to him this weekend.

Has Eovaldi lost his speed or what? Huffing up 92-94 mph 4-seamers? Is this still his hip injury hard at work? He's still somewhat effective and serviceable, but not an ace thrower ATM.