GAME #108 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by markj, August 05, 2022, 08:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2022, 07:35:57 PM
They fans really love Hosmer. He got a round of applause last night and again tonight.

He was one of many stars on that 2015 team.  Seems like a good guy too.

longgame

And totally off topic but on one my hiking groups someone had been to Curt Gowdy State Park in WY.  The former Red Sox announcer and outdoorsman was a native of WY and a favorite son.  Looks like a great park too.  I knew he was an outdoorsman and remember him doing those kinds of shows too but never knew he was honored like that.

elktonnick

Would some one please explain why Red Sox relievers with a six run lead walk the leadoff batter.

markj

Davis is trying to make this a close game. I hope Cora has someone else warming up.

markj

I'm watching the Royals broadcast and they just posted that the Sox have blown the lead late in the game 25 times this season.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 05, 2022, 10:11:25 PM
And totally off topic but on one my hiking groups someone had been to Curt Gowdy State Park in WY.  The former Red Sox announcer and outdoorsman was a native of WY and a favorite son.  Looks like a great park too.  I knew he was an outdoorsman and remember him doing those kinds of shows too but never knew he was honored like that.

Interesting, Ted.  I stopped in Cheyenne on a trip out west. We asked who is famous out here?  A guy said Curt Gowdy.  We asked anybody else? He said “just Curt Gowdy.”

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2022, 10:23:04 PM
I'm watching the Royals broadcast and they just posted that the Sox have blown the lead late in the game 25 times this season.
Wow! Combine that with the middle of the order RBI funk and the starting rotation injuries and it's a wonder we're in contention at all.

MongoLikeSox

There's nothing I can find on it, but has anyone seen if Duran missed a hit and run sign with Yolmer on first?