GAME #107 - THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by markj, August 04, 2022, 11:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

He was the 4th batter, too. Double screw up. He had two good outings and comes back up - poof!!!!

Cora had the look in the dugout after getting tossed that every Red Sox fan has had this season and for lots of last year. A cross between exacerbation and dejection.

markj

And he's back out there? They've obviously given up on this game. Probably a good call.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 04, 2022, 09:32:59 PM
Yep, sure enough, he's cratering. Game over. 4 runs in and still no outs. He needs to join JBJ on the DFA Express.

If you remember markj, the Red Sox were talking about this bum three years ago as potentially a solid pitching prospect for our team.  Well you saw tonight that he is just another in a long series of duds who the team coaches have failed to develop into a credible pitcher.  We need to rid ourselves of our pitching coaches up and down and try to hire a few who can team pitching mechanics and finally develop a few pitchers who can pitch successfully in the Major Leagues.  Darwizon can't, Groome never developed, and Bello already looks like a crud.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 04, 2022, 09:22:54 PM
I'm guessing Bloom's little sit down with key players didn't go as well as he thinks. I can't imagine....

I don't get it. Acknowledging problems and negatives doesn't make him right. Just fascinating when you think about it.

Verdugo looks checked out.

There could be a problem coming from several players who are not buying in to Bloom-isms.  They probabably have rejected this abstract way of dealing a veteran for 4-5 high A prospects, who are three years away from helping the team. 

Lots of Fenway hopeful could care less about prospects at Salem or Portland.  They want stars now, who can win at Fenway and at Yankee Stadium.  Bloom is not a good baseball man, he resembles more of a math professor at MIT.  The chances of the 2023 team next year are fading week by week.  Who really wants to play for this mgt. group?

longgame

Just awful in so many ways.  That HR call was interesting.  It wouldn't have made a huge difference if it were a two run double at that point, but it was definitely clearly a fair ball and in play.  Oh well.  My bigger concern is that Duran didn't show up in the picture at all as the ball bounced back towards CF.  Was he just standing around again?

I can't say anything about Darwinzon that hasn't already been said.  The guy stinks.  He has always stunk.  There's nothing there but my guess is they'll keep trotting him out there because, well that's what they do. 

As for Bloom's chats, he has lost them.  He made moves that brought in some journeymen and traded away their most clutch hitter after Devers.  Like Sea Dog said, people don't care about the minor league players, they care about the team that they are emotionally invested in.  It seems like Bloom is taking both players and customers for granted at this point.  That' doesn't work in any business. 

MongoLikeSox

Has Bloom fixed a problem without creating another problem? It's absolutely astonishing. This isn't second guessing going on.

His entire puzzle never works out and is always flawed. Nothing he does even fits the personnel in place. Even the good moves. (Schwarber, Story)

His underestimation on how these negatives affect have on a team and that teams ability to win games is maddening. What's going on is just awful. Should not be allowed.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 05, 2022, 08:59:35 AM
Has Bloom fixed a problem without creating another problem? It's absolutely astonishing. This isn't second guessing going on.

His entire puzzle never works out and is always flawed. Nothing he does even fits the personnel in place. Even the good moves. (Schwarber, Story)

His underestimation on how these negatives affect have on a team and that teams ability to win games is maddening. What's going on is just awful. Should not be allowed.

Well the owner could do something about it as season's end Mongo.  He could send Bloomer Boy  packing back down to Tampa Bay or whatever franchise would hire this loser.  He is a pencil pusher and analytic monster who does not have a good judge of talent at all, but for Henry to can him means  that he has to spend more money to hire someone else and to admit that firing Dombrowski and changing the philosophy of the team was bogus and wrong.   And he won't do that, will he?

elktonnick

Fred, He will have to or the Revs the Pro soccer team will be out drawing the Red Sox on a regular basis.