Quote from: markj on August 04, 2022, 11:53:18 AM
8:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nick Pivetta (R)

Royals

Kris Bubic (L)

Gametime Temp: 89°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Time for Nick Pivetta to square up and pitch a good game for a change.  He has been hit hard and has had  trouble getting out of the first inning.  It would be swell for us to start a new winning streak now that we don't have to worry anymore about having the worst hitting RF in our lineup.  Amazing Bloomer Bum thought he could get away with something like that while many of the pink hats were celebrating getting their JBJ back last winter.  Sad to say guys there are Red Sox fans out there who would an embarrassment to all of us if they were in our company.

Sea Dog 23

Well KC is on the ropes.  Won only 2 of last 9. A woeful .195 team avg after trading Beni and Marifield.  Hopefully we don’t play down their level

MongoLikeSox

Pham is going to get his butt into trouble. He looked down at Febles for the signal, turned to get set for his AB while doing a little facial expression, smirk mine head shake thing. Swung at the next pitch. The next pitch was the hit and run, which was called two pitches earlier. I hope someone here is recording this to verify what I saw. Cora would get PO'd to no end and I would not blame him.

Sea Dog 23

We got the lead, but Pivetta is getting bounced around in the 1st, still no outs. 2-1 Sox.

MongoLikeSox

Um, is Verdugo OK? He actually hits Lefties better. He was not part of the problem, though certainly could have been better.

elktonnick

With Plawecki catching every leadoff walk will be an automatic double.  Every team will run at will.  He couldn't throw me out.

longgame

Two bad teams.  Yikes!

Youk was right about that Wily Mo homer.  I was at that game.  Not sure it landed yet.

elktonnick

MongoLikeSox

I'm guessing Bloom's little sit down with key players didn't go as well as he thinks. I can't imagine....

I don't get it. Acknowledging problems and negatives doesn't make him right. Just fascinating when you think about it.

Verdugo looks checked out.

markj

Yep, sure enough, he's cratering. Game over. 4 runs in and still no outs. He needs to join JBJ on the DFA Express.

elktonnick

Hernandez strikes again.  This guy  sucks why they wanted him back is beyond me.

markj

Cora has no place to argue here. He's the fool that put Darwinzon on the mound. He got what he deserved.

elktonnick

Cora's arguing that call only makes sense if he is trying to light a fire under this demoralized team.